Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer

...literally! The boys and I spent the whole day together.

We started off the day with a long walk, while Jonathan stayed home and did yard work.
We have been doing really good going on daily walks. The boys are actually, very motivating when it comes to walking because they will drive you nuts in the house if they haven't had a walk that day. Yesterday, Tucker kept poking his head under my blanket and bugging the other two until I took him for a walk. Otherwise, they will sit at the bottom of the stairs and whine until you come down. And they know when I have on my walking shoes because they run for the door! And the boys have been doing really good practicing their manners on our walks, which makes it much for enjoyable for all of us!


We walked our favorite path to the skate park.


But before we got there, we decided to walk in the charred foothills instead. That way the boys could run off leash. (you can see the burned areas from the fire last week on the left side of the path). The paths are pretty evident now that all the sagebrush is burnt up.

We walked on the paths for a couple of miles. The boys were panting pretty hard so I shared my water with them. Tucker and Barney were pretty good at drinking out of the water bottle, but Chief wouldn't try it.


I was kinda worried about Chief, since he didn't have any water, but then he found a puddle!! It was really muddy, but they didn't seem to mind. Chief even layed down to try and cool off.



When we got home, the boys were pretty tired. We made peanut butter sandwiches for Jonathan and sat on the patio for lunch. Chief took a nap while I read a book and Jonathan did more yard work.


You can't tell from the pictures, but after the puddle, the boys were pretty dirty. Since it was so nice outside, we decided to give the boys a hose bath. Chief was first and he did really good. Barney was next and he has a ton of hair. It took a lot of water to wet down his coat and we brushed him forever trying to get all the loose hair out. He did escape once when he was all suddsy, but Jonathan caught him before he could get to far. Tucker didn't love his bath, but he did good and let me wash in between all his toes.
Here are Chief and Barney running around like mad. Right before I taped this, they were running around the yard and Barney made a sharp left turn around me. Well, Chief can't make the quick turns, so he ran full speed into me. My feet came out from under me and Chief and I fell to the ground. It took us both by surprise!!


This is what the rest of the evening looked like...(that is Tucker's favorite position by the ottoman)

1 comment:

deatherages said...

I can't wait to see you. I love that fancy leash and chief in the puddle.