Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

Jonathan and I hosted Thanksgiving this year. I was a little nervous because I had never done a turkey, but it ended up being great. Joan has a great smoked turkey recipe and it was a big hit. I did have one faux pas...I couldn't find the giblets before I cooked the turkey. I searched everywhere and finally just decided that they had forgotten them. After we cooked it and ate it, Jonathan found the bag of goodies. Good thing we don't eat them anyway.
My mom ended up bringing pretty much everything else, but I told her that each year I will make one more thing and then eventually she won't have to make anything at all.

Joel and Lindsay also came with Duke. The boys sure enjoyed playing in the back yard.

Also, on Wednesday, I had a fun centerpiece waiting for me on the front step. My god-mom had it delivered. It looked so good on the table. We also got to use our serving pieces from the wedding. Who knew the gravy boat would be so useful?
Jonathan walked the dogs while I was finishing up the potatoes and rice. It's not something you see everyday, so I had to take a picture!

No comments: