This was our 2nd year hosting and I think that we are getting pretty good at it! I was a lot more comfortable with the turkey this year and now have a designated 'brining bucket'. Jonathan was in charge of the turkey and put it in before he went to bed and it was done around 9:00 the next morning.
That left my oven open for other things...wild rice casserole and pumpkin pie. My mom and dad came over with popcorn cake, cranberries, sweet potatoes, and sweet potato rolls and of course a centerpiece (what are moms for, if not to fill in the stuff that you forget!). Lindsay and Joel brought the green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. I also had stuffing and gravy. It was definitely more than enough food and everything was delicious! It was fun to all be together.
After dinner we played a few rounds of Pitch. My mom, dad, and I won!!! Cam stopped by on his way from McCall to say hi and have a bite of turkey. Then we played an intense game of Trivial Pursuit. We had lots of fun and of course, mom, dad, and I won again!
No comments:
Post a Comment