Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting Bigger by the Day!

24 Weeks
25 weeks
I can't believe I'm already at 25 weeks. I'm still feeling good...just bigger. I've had a few "growing pains" as my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball!! Crazy huh?  But so far it has just been a day here and there. 
Our little boy is quite the mover.  I can feel him all the time and I can even see my tummy bulge out when he really gets on a roll...it's pretty amazing.  He is most active mid morning and late afternoon.
The nursery hasn't technically changed, but the furniture is getting closer.  My parents came over and were able to help Jonathan maneuver the dresser upstairs. It is in our bedroom for now, but I've already filled the drawers with clothes and blankets.  I'm sure I'll rearrange things a couple more times before July, but it was a lot of fun looking at the little onesies and pajamas.  My favorite thing is a super soft, puffy, blue snowsuit from Joy.  It is 3-6 months so I'm already planning some McCall trips so he can wear it.  I'm sure it will even be useful for walks around here this fall/winter.
I even put together a bookcase, but for now it's in the x-box room.  However, I did fill the shelves with books and toys.  It looks really cute and I'm excited to eventually get it into the room.  With the two pieces of furniture I was able to clean out the closet and organize the baby stuff that we already have.  We are really lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who have given us a great head start on all the baby gear.
Jonathan's painting is making progress...its just slow progress.  He always thinks of one more detail to add to the painting and it always comes out amazing.  I want him to hurry and finish so I can see the finished project, but it has been really exciting to watch the painting come to life.  Jonathan is so talented...I hope he passes that on to our son.
The "boyz" are all doing good. I'm not sure if they really understand what is happening yet, but we keep practicing "good manners" on our walks so we'll see if it pays off!!
Here are some pics of our little guy at 25 weeks (he is 1 lb and 13 oz, his not so little feet are already 5 cm long!  I got to see him yawn and tap his head)...

No comments: