It is getting tricky to get Kingston's photos. He is always looking for his sign so that he can put it in his mouth. And he knows right where to look...next to the alligator. He is getting harder to trick.
Not only does he know where I put his "weekly sign" but when I play peek-a-boo he knows just where to look. Sometimes I pop up on the side and sometimes straight up...either way I get a giggle. His hand-eye coordination is developing. He can reach out and pick stuff up, which is kind of handy when your hands are full. And he will look when you say his name, even if it isn't mama or dada who says it. Speaking of dada.....it was Kingston's first word. It was a little heartbreaking for me, but it is fun to hear him say sounds that are close to words. I'm still crossing my fingers for "mama."
I can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up, and right before my very eyes! He is a whopping 18 lbs 8 ounces and 27.25 inches long (head is 43 cm). He is in the 50% for weight and height and 25% for head. Everyone says he looks big, but he is just right!
Bath time is much more exciting for Kingston now that he can sit up. He can splash in the water and play with his toys. I was so amazed at him the other day. There were 3 toys floating in the water and he picked one up with his left hand and one with his right, but there was still one floating. He looked at it and then the toys in his hand and with his right hand he tucked the toy under the other arm so that he could grab the last toy. I love those little moments where I can watch him learn about the world around him.
Here he is growing in to his towel. He was only a week old in the first picture.
Kingston is quite a little eater. He is very adventurous and tries everything I give him. He doesn't necessarily like it all, but bananas, strawberries, and mangos are his favorite fruits and sweet potatoes and carrots or his favorite veggies. Although, at our last doctor's appointment we were told to back off the orange veggies because his nose was starting to get an orange pigment...so now we switched to yams and parsnips! And my smart little boy can feed himself a cracker. It is a messy,sticky process, but he gets so excited when you hand him the cracker and he gets it into his mouth all by himself. He can also pick up his bottle and get it into his mouth. We introduced the sippy cup but I don't think he figured out how to drink from it yet; he mainly just plays with it.
He has mastered the art of sitting up by himself. He doesn't need any assistance and is enjoying his new view of the world. His favorite toys are his workbench that makes sounds and a light up mirror that plays music. He loves to play with his toys while sitting and can lean forward enough to get onto his belly. He loves to roll around and gets from one spot to another by rolling and then spinning on his belly. He can get his bottom in the air, but when he tries to crawl he ends up going backward. I could watch him all day long.


He is getting so strong and can support himself standing for a few seconds. It must be all the jumping that makes his legs so strong!
He likes to ride in his stroller, although, half the time he falls asleep. But with the weather so nice out, we like to get out and get some fresh air. The boyz are pretty good at walking with the stroller. Tucker doesn't get run over anymore and Kingston likes to see them. He still lights up whenever he sees them. They just have to walk near him and he squeals. If they get too close he will turn his head towards me like he is bashful. It is pretty cute!
Kingston still loves playing in his room. Before bed we go up there and play with all his toys. He is so giggly and happy. Daddy can really get him going with the giggles when he tickles his belly. Whenever I read "Goodnight Moon" he will roll towards me so that he can touch the pages and turn them. It is still his favorite book.
Another new discovery were his toes. He can grab them and pull off his socks (as if we didn't have enough struggles keeping socks on!). Even when he sits up, he is intrigued by his feet. And he loves it when you clap!
Kingston is a pretty good little sleeper. For the most part he goes to bed at 8:00 pm, wakes up to eat around 4:30, and then gets up for the day at 7:00 am. He has even slept in a few times until 6:00 for the feeding. A few weeks ago, we had a really rough night and I was up all night holding him in the chair. He was just coming down with a cold and I thought that he was just having a hard time breathing while we has laying down. I didn't get much sleep but I love a sleeping baby in my arms, and I don't get as much of that now that he is getting bigger and more independent.
A few days later I noticed his bottom tooth coming through. And then a few days after that I saw them both. Two new teeth!
We also had a check up at the doctor's office and he had an ear infection. No wonder he was up all night! But all is well now. He is definitely a tough little boy! He got another round of shots and did great. A few tears, but they didn't last long.
Kingston has lots of little friends and we even squeezed in a play date with a few of them. Here are Jillian, Molly, and Jace.
Kingston is so much fun. We enjoy every minute with him and we love watching him grow and learn new things. What did we do before this sweet little boy? On of my favorite new things is when Kingston will reach out with both hands and lean towards you when he wants you to hold him. It makes you feel so loved!
1 comment:
Love it! You guys are so sweet!
Post a Comment