June 4-
Oh my, this sweet little girl has some personality! I just can't get enough of her. She is no longer a baby and is quite the little girl.
Stats (from 19 month appt...will fill in later)
Height: 32.5 inches (55%)
Weight: 22.27 lbs (36%)
Head: 18.3 inches (50%)
I think this is my favorite age because Julienna is becoming her own little person. She has likes and dislikes. Some things make her smile and laugh while other things she just pushes out of the way. She has an opinion...and with that a voice! But the thing that I love most is that I'm so needed right now. Mom is everything! When she's hurt she looks to me and when she's tired she finds me to lay her head on. And when she needs me she will hold out her hand for help. I just feel so loved!
Lets's see, I should start with her favorites. Obviously, her "keke" is her most prized possession, followed very closely by a bigger white blanket that used to be Kingston's. We don't go anywhere without those. She also loves the dogs and is always very concerned if they need in or out. She likes to pet them and then giggle. Books are very loved by Julienna. I feel like we read 10 per night and they are usually the same ones. She will get a book and then back into your lap and plop herself down. Whenever Julienna needs cheering up, all we have to do is turn the music on. She loves to sing and dance. Her favorite songs are "hey ho", "sister of a pearl", and "7 years"! And she is definitely a girl because she loves shoes. She will go get them and bring them to you to put them on. Also, high on the favorites list is playing outside. I have a hard time getting her to come in when she is just running around in the backyard exploring. When it's nice outside, she is so content playing with the water table and some containers.
We recently got a kitchen and it's so amazing to just sit and watch her play pretend. She knows to put the oven mitt on and to put the food in the bowl and to wash the dishes. But, for her, the best part is sitting in the oven. It's just her size and she wants me to close the door while she is in there. It's funny, but once she gets going she will play by herself for awhile...which is great for me!
Julienna is not a talker! Perhaps it's because the competition is too much with Kingston (even I have a hard time getting a word in with him). Her most used word is "hi"! It's so clear and her voice is so cute. She will also say "bye" and wave. Other words are, "help", "hot", "cold" (but the l is silent), "up", "hop" (with the two finger bunny hop), "dada", "off " (used for the dogs!), "poo" and "uh oh." She is getting better at imitating words and syllables. And, to better communicate we've been doing some sign language. She can do "one", "more", "all done", "bunny", "train" and "books". At night she will put together the sign for "one more book" it is so cute and irresistible that she probably does it 5 or 6 times before I finally have to remind her that this is really the last one.
Julienna is completely mobile. Walking, running, and climbing on everything! The stairs are no problem for her and she likes walking up and down them holding someone's hand. She jumps right in at the park and climbs and maneuvers the whole play structure. She really likes to climb up the slides and can do some by herself. She has no fear, just like her brother.
She does it more at grandma's but every now and then she will play with her baby dolls. She will feed them (usually in the eye), put them to bed, and put them in the stroller. Her favorite part is carrying around the bag/purse with all their things in it. She loves to pack around stuff like that (also like Kingston).
She has a good bedtime routine and after a dozen or so books I lay her to bed. Sometimes she drifts off and sometimes she plays for a bit and sometimes she cries a little. But either way, she puts herself to sleep around 8 or 9 (depends how bright the sun is) and sleeps till about 7:45 or 8. I love when she gets so tired that she falls asleep in my arms. Nothing beats that cuddle time!
Julienna still very much idolizes Kingston. She imitates the things he does and wants to play with whatever he has. Sometimes she gets possessive of her stuff and she will push him out of the way, but they really get a long quite well. It melts my heart in the car when Kingston will make up songs to sing Julienna to get her to stop fussing. He always calls her "my best girl!" So sweet!
Julienna is a pretty good eater. Getting a little more opinionated and what was yesterday's favorite isn't todays so that makes it tricky. She is getting a little more resistant about trying new things. She loves raisins...they are hands down her favorite food! Cereal, apples, eggs, and yogurt are my go to's for her. And whatever your eating! I can make her the same meal as myself and she will turn her head away from hers and then come sit on my lap and eat my whole meal!
Since she doesn't talk a lot, I sometimes forget that she still understands me. I can ask her to go get her hat or shoes and she will. My favorite is when we put something in the microwave and I ask her if it's ready. She replies "uh uh". Then I ask her again and she says "uh uh". Then the microwave beeps and I ask her and she gets all excited and says "yeah yeah" and points at the microwave. So cute. We also play a game where I tell her to go to sleep and she will lay her head down and close her eyes and pretend to snore (I will do it to) and then we pop our eyes open and laugh. (You kind of have to be there!) But, she just seems really smart and very aware of what is going on.
And she even knows her body parts...eyes, ears, nose (honk), mouth (wide open), feet, hands, and belly button.
She is a "mamas girl" right now and wants to stay close by my side. There have been a few instances where she will venture off a bit to play, but otherwise she is my shadow and I'm okay with that.
She is at a good age where the babyness is starting to wear off and she is becoming her own little person....love her!






No comments:
Post a Comment