Oh, were do I begin with this kid.....I guess with the good stuff! And his stats....
Height: 44.9 inches (86%)
Weight: 45.41 lbs (79%)
Blood Pressure: 90/58 (perfect)
He has surfer thick, blonde, perfect hair (that I always feel like needs to be cut, but can't help but run my fingers through it whenever he is near)
2 loose bottom teeth (and still the missing top tooth from last Christmas)



(they both had a Dr. apt the same day)
Apparently, I had no idea what I was getting myself into 5 years ago! We have our moments, but I still feel (and I know I'm partial because I'm his mom) that he is exceptional! He is so smart and logical, which can be either good or bad, and he picks up on everything , also can be good and bad. He wants everything he has seen on a commercial (right now it's the toothpaste dispenser that does it automatically!!) and if it's girly, than it's for Julienna. And he can repeat all the commercials, too. He is pretty much a sponge, so watch what you say around him.
He isn't afraid to call you out about something. I remember hearing about an argument he had with grandma about "wasp" nests high in the tree tops. Grandma told him no that wasps don't live in nests and Kingston's reply was "YOUR WRONG GRANDMA!". Grandpa figured out that he meant Ospreys and all was well, but still pretty funny. He corrects me all the time when I call tractors the wrong thing; I still can't keep a back hoe and an excavator straight. We read a book about the colors of the rainbow and he said that purple wasn't right, it had a different name, it was violet. And it was missing a color. I asked if it was indigo. He said yeah, indigo goes between green and violet. I don't know why he knows that, but he is right. He also is quick to let you know if something isn't fair...or at least in his favor!
He is the pickiest eater and makes it his mission to make dinner time last as long as possible. If it isn't mac 'n cheese, yogurt, apples, quesadillas, chicken nuggets, or fruit snacks, then good luck! Sometimes he will be adventurous and try something new, but usually it's a 20 minute negotiation on why he needs to at least try it. And he is a tough one to negotiate with because he always has all of his own arguments (and they are usually good)!
He has no desire to ride a bike! I think that is because he would actually have to try and put in some effort. He is naturally pretty good at most things so this bike riding thing isn't really worth it for him. He is also really, really good on his scooter and he can fly on it. The problem is on the scooter you lean to turn and the bike you have to steer, so it has definitely been a learning curve for us, but he is slowly gaining more interest. But sports, he is a natural. He is best at baseball and can hit it if we pitch it to him. He also likes soccer and golf.
Kingston is so sensitive. I love how snuggly and affectionate he is. He is always good for a hug, or 18 kisses. I can hear it in his voice when he misses me..it gets a little shaky. And it isn't always received well, but he just loves hugging his sister and being a part of the things she does. He is still really genuine in all that he does so I when he loves, I know that he means it. Along those same lines, he gets his feelings hurt very easily. It doesn't take much to turn him into a blubbering mess if something doesn't go his way or someone is playing with his toy. Just as he is really attached to his family, he is also attached to his things and it breaks his heart if he loses something or it gets broken.
This kid has a memory like no other...I don't know how he does it, but he knows the name of his 30+ transformers and who has what weapon and if they are good or bad. And he can transform them all! He remembers so much, and he is really accurate with past events. The only thing he can't figure out is the amount of time that passed; sometimes it's yesterday, or when he was three, or last year, or when daddy was a boy like him......they pretty much all mean sometime in the past. Just yesterday he was wanting to go play with his "friends in the big house where he started to watch Alvin: The Squeakquel and then we had to go." That one took me awhile, but it was my work Christmas Party from December. We haven't talked about that since that day...even I barley remembered. He also knows where most of his toys came from and if they are his or daddy's or Ms. Suzanne's. To me, all the matchbox cars look alike, but he can tell the differences and knows who's are who's.
Just recently Kingston has taken more of an interest in drawing and writing. He carries around a little note pad and asks me to spell words for him. It is mostly "Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" that he wants to write, but on the way to swimming lessons he asked how to spell "underwater", then he drew a little picture of himself underwater with a line threw it. He wanted me to give it to his instructor because he didn't want to go underwater. It was really cute. He also drew a picture of his family for the doctor (daddy doesn't have swords, they are just his arms....I asked).


The thing I love most about Kingston is his love for his sister. There has never been a day that he hasn't wanted her around or reminisced about the days before her. Even if I kid that we are going to trade her in, he is quick to defend her and says "no, she is ours". He gets mad when she takes his toys or eats the last bit of ice cream, but he is the first to run to her when she is crying. And he is my saving grace in the back seat of the car; opening things for her and handing her stuff. Watching them together fills my heart.
He LOVES Transformers and Star Wars. He could play with them all day acting out different action scenes and setting them all up. He also loves to help me cook and clean or play in his pretend kitchen with his sister. He will even babysit her dolls for her...he is going to make a great dad someday.
Other things, that I love about him are:
*Makes up jokes that aren't funny*Pack rat...don't give him a bag...he will fill it and bring it everywhere with him
*Full of stories, he could talk about the same thing for hours
*Over dramatizes things, especially when hurt
I count myself lucky everyday to be able to call Kingston mine! Can't wait to see what is in store this coming year!



No comments:
Post a Comment