Monday, January 8, 2018

Julienna is 3!

December 4-
This little princess has changed so much in the last 3 years and I'm loving the little girl that she is becoming!!

Two has definitely suited her, so I'm excited to see what this next year brings.
If anything, she is all girly girl.  Princesses, pink, tutus, tiaras, dresses, Barbies, animals, she loves it all.  So different from Kingston who is all boy!  Although, she is just now letting me do her hair and it is always in an Elsa braid.
 
She has a fun personality and I smile just thinking of all the cute things she does and says.  My favorite is "You thinking what I'm thinking?" and then she proceeds to tell me her idea.  Her favorite thing to play is house and baby...where she is the baby and I am the mom.  This takes on many different mom/baby forms from tigers, to turtles, to people, or dinosaurs.  And gets even more complicated when Kingston comes to play who has his own big ideas!
She is happy, happy, happy most of the time and when her and I disagree on something (like how many pieces of candy to have or to put on her PJs), I just have to look disappointed and she will say "Are you happy at me?". If I tell her no, she will give in to make me happy and then say "Now you happy at me?!". It's pretty funny when I'm scolding Kingston and she turns and says "But you happy at me?"  That girl!!!  Although, when I outright tell her no on something, she loses it. Tears and sad eyes.  She will go in time out and when she is ready she comes out with a smile and tear stained cheeks, usually apologizing to Kinton (that's how she says Kingston) and giving him a hug.
For the most part Kingston and Julienna are best of friends, but they both like what they like and do know how to push eachother's buttons (and mine for that matter).  Kingston is pretty good at persuading Julienna into the dinosaur shows instead of Daniel Tiger and getting her keke and blankets when she needs them.
Her favorite movies are "Moana" and "Frozen". She would watch them all day every day if we let her!!  She also went through a Princess Poppy of "Trolls" phase and enjoys the show "Daniel Tiger" and "Dino Dan."  I really like Daniel Tiger becasue they have catchy songs that she loves and follows (if you have to go potty, STOP, and go right away).She loves puzzles and is quite good at them.  When I ask her how her day was she always tells me if she did puzzles or not. And books, if I left it up to her, we would read 50 book a night and they would be the same 50 (Shimmer and Shine, Frozen, Trolls, Room on the Broom, Daniel Tiger, Harriet and William and the Terrible Creature, etc).
She is just starting to get into Barbies.  She got a few for Christmas and she brings them along places and has them talk to eachother.  She loves her stuffed animals and little live pets.  She cares for them, feeds them, and tucks them in.  Tucker is still her favorite pet.  I don't know why but she always prefers Tucker, it might be because Barney has bad breath :).
This girl loves to sing. She has a few different musical microphones and she loves to belt it out!!  She tells me "mommy no sing!" so that she can have the stage to herself. Both her and Kingston love to hear their favorite songs in the car.  I'm always surprised at how many words she has picked up on.
"I have to go bathroom" is now a common phrase for our potty trained girl.  She had a great routine at Suzanne's house, but I was never really good at remembering to put her on the potty. And then when we were on the plane to Nebraska she told me "I have to go bathroom". Of course we were just taxiing so we couldn't get up so I told her we would have to wait. About 30 minutes later she said "sorry, I potty in diaper" and that was the last wet diaper we had. So, that was pretty easy!!  The binky on the other hand, is a whole nother story. I think we will have that till college!!  She just doesn't want to let it go. We are trying to only let her have it at bedtime and in the car, but she always seems to find one and put it in!
Oh, but I'm definitely enjoying her sweetness.  I love her so much and can't imagine life without her. I really won the lottery with my 2 kiddos!!!
Favorite color: Pink and yellow

No comments: