December 4-
I have been thinking about the millions of things I wanted to write about Julienna, but then once I sit down, my mind goes blank. I think there is just so much that I want to say and I always think I will remember it all, but I'm learning with Kingston that it goes by so fast and new memories fill the spaces. So I guess I will just start...She is the sweetest little thing and always wants you to be near. At night she wants an arm around her while she falls asleep and during the day she just wants you in the same room. She still wants to be held when she is feeling sad or anxious. She is cautious but in the same instance also very brave and adventurous. School has been so good for her to meet friends and navigate the girl groups and drama. She has three girlfriends at school and they do a pretty good job of keeping everyone included.
She changes her clothes 2-3 times a day depending on her mood and always accessories those outfits with hats, jewelry, scarves, a shirt tied around her waste, whatever she feels completes the look!! I've learned to not even try and pick out her clothes for the next day, it's actually kind of a threat now (if you don't get your stuff for tomorrow, I'm going to pick out your clothes!!). I'm also learning that if she doesn't love it, it will sit in her drawer until the end of time. She tries to trick me and say "maybe I will wear it" but she always finds something better. Same thing if something is too tight, itchy, or feels funny.
Julienna loves to play with her American Girl dolls, or rather one blonde hair blue eyed doll. We've been given lots of hand me downs so she has lots of clothes and accessories to play with. No more baby dolls for this girl. She also loves her barbies and hatchimals and of course her stuffies. She has quite a few lego sets and once Kingston gets her started she likes to play with those too!
She is learning to read! She gets frustrated when she stumbles too many times, but she tries so hard. We are reading a 10 part series and she gets a sticker for every book she reads by herself. We are already on book 6. She writes her name perfectly and enjoys writing in cards or little notes around the house! She has a notebook with her at all times, doodling or writing (some of it is made up words and some are real).
She has asked to be called Jules. Personally, I love it and think it suits her sparkling personality so well, although after 6 years of saying Julienna, I have a hard time remember to call her that. She likes her hair done in pony tails, braids, or if I have time she loves when I curl it and pull the top part into a little pony. Also, loves getting her nails painted and painting mine as well!
She is sometimes naught or sassy, but if I leave her be she always comes around and says sorry and doesn't hold a grudge. She loves to be loved and wants to be included in everything!
Once we pumped up her tires, there was no stopping her on the bike. She always complained of it being to hard to petal and she would rather walk. After a brief investigation, her tires were completely flat. No wonder it was hard!! Now, she takes right off and I have to try and keep up!

No comments:
Post a Comment