January 18-
Today was my first day at St. Lukes. With COVID still lurking, all my hospital orientation was online so I didn't even have to get dressed today. Not a bad way to start out a new job! I'm really excited for this change. I will be working 4 days a week in Meridian and will have every Thursday off. I was hoping to volunteer in the kids' classrooms if things ever get back to normal, but for now we have enough appointments and chores to keep me busy for awhile (one of which was finding a new company to publish my blog into a book, which got me caught up on 6 years worth of blogs!). One of the deciding factors in applying for this job was being able to work with my good friends. Alyssa works in Meridian and Kelly will be transferring to Meridian when she is back from maternity leave. They also have a couple of other really great gals and I remember quite a few people from when I was a student some 16 years ago! They also have a different management structure which will benefit me and more flexibility with coverage so that if I need to take a sick day for me or the kids that I can. It will be a good change!

No comments:
Post a Comment