Thursday, May 19, 2022

Wagon's Ho

 May 19-

Fourth grade is when you learn all about Idaho History and to top it off they do a Wagon's Ho field trip. In the past they have gone somewhere but COVID changed all that and now they come to the school. I was excited to be able to volunteer and I talked Brynn, a mom friend, into doing it with me.  We of course dressed up! Mr. and Mrs. C did a fabulous job of setting it up, putting us to work, and teaching the kids all about the Oregon Trail days.  Brynn and I were at the clothes washing station and we had a blast. The kids had to take their buckets to the well and fill up the wash basin. Then they scrubbed the clothes with a bar of soap and rocks.  Other activities were making butter, branding wood, cutting wood, making a button, making a toy, leather stamping, and journaling.  At the end they played games, did a tug of war and a three legged race. I can't wait till Julienna is in 4th grade so I can do it again!














No comments: