December 4-
Oh, my sweet little Julienna! She is sugar and spice for sure!! The same little girl that needs 5 hugs before she can go to the bed is the same one that can't possibly wear an un-accessorized outfit! She ends every phone conversation with I love you and then stomps off when she doesn't get her own way. She comes home with endless playdate and sleepover requests, but also knows when it's too much and just needs "her" time. She will booty shake all day long, but shys away from being in the spotlight. And she just couldn't make a Santa list because I crushed all her dreams (phone-no way am I letting a 5th grade roller coaster of emotions girl have a phone, a bunny-apparently in our search it came out that I am very very allergic, and a trip to Hawaii- she clearly thinks we are made of money) But, this little girl is all mine and she provides me with endless opportunities for patience and understanding.
She has a heart that just wants to love on little critters. She wants another pet more than anything, but we just can't find one that fits our lifestyle and her qualifications. So for now, we will just love everyone elses. Grandpa's dog Holly passed away this year and that was really really hard for her. She really does need a dog, but I don't know that anyone will compare with Holly.
For having a list of wants a mile long, she actually doesn't spend much money. I don't know if it's because she is adorable and gets what she wants, or if it's because she is so darn picky and can't find exactly what she wants. I took her out shopping for a whole day and we ended up with 2 things and 2 very exhausted girls!! But she has a savings that her brother is quite envious of!! Mostly just uses it to go get smoothies at the coffee shop in the neighborhood with her bff Harlow.
Julienna and Harlow even started selling handmade jewelry at the craft fairs here in Avimor. Julienna did beaded earrings and bracelets and Harlow made 3D printed earrings. They did pretty good and realized its a lot of work to sit and sell stuff all day. They also do a bit of pet sitting in the neighborhood for cats.
This is Julienna's last year in elementary school and I'm excited to see how she handles middle school. I didn't love middle school, but watching Kingston grow up these last few years makes me think I might have my own memories mixed up. She is super boy crazy and fashion driven so we will have our work cut out for us.
The pageant was probably her favorite thing this year and as a mom it was so amazing to see her shine. I lost sleep thinking she would be so nervous on stage, but she just lit up when she was doing her walk and interview. I could not have been more proud. And in school this week it was her turn to bring something from home to share (kind of like show and tell). During the presentation the other kids write little notes and draw pictures that the teacher compiles into a book. Reading the comments from her peers was so sweet. They all thought she was a really good friend and so nice and inclusive. I guess she just saves her spicey side for me!!!
This was her last day of being 10!! Fit check: Hair in heatless curlers so she could have curls in the morning. Fancy glue on nails. New pjs (the only thing she kept out of a $350 online clothes order!). And a smile that could light up a room.
Happy 11th Birthday sweet girl of mine. Keep shining bright and trying not to laugh at your dad's jokes!

No comments:
Post a Comment