Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Crazy Christmas Weekend

On Saturday, we woke up early and packed up all our stuff and the dogs and headed to my parent's cabin in Donnelly. I slept most of the way, as usual. We also went to McCall to look at the progress of Joel's house. It is going to be really nice when it is all finished.




My mom and I had tons of fun sledding. Since we had 5 dogs we decided to put them to good use pulling us on the sleds. It was so much fun and they could get going pretty fast, even my dad and Jonathan tried it. Jonathan even got to try out my brother's new snowmobile!!









After all the excitement we had the best dinner. Mom made prime rib and shrimp. And then we opened presents. My best gift was a cookbook that my mom scrap booked and then put in my favorite recipes. Jonathan got a Denver Broncos sweatshirt like the players wear. We played some Yahtzee and I didn't do very good.

Sunday we woke up early and drove over to Hailey to see Jonathan's family. It was a long drive over and again I slept through most of it. When we got there we unpacked the boys and went snowshoeing around the ranch. I had never done it and it was a lot of fun...and also a lot of work. The boys loved running around and Tucker loved eating the snow.




Monday was my first ever cross country skiing experience!!! I never realized how much work it was...my arms were hurting. Brylee had it the easiest being pulled in a sled behind Cam. The boys also had a lot of fun running around and they made it quite an obstacle when they would run at you and beside you.




Tuesday morning we finally got to sleep in. We had homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast (they were delicious, Joan) and then opened presents. I got an Ipod from Jonathan and he even had it engraved on the back. Jonathan was pretty excited when he opened his Nuvi (a portable navigation system). And there were many other gifts. It was fun to watch Brylee open her gifts, but she of course was more interested in the wrappings.



After a wonderful smoked turkey dinner with all of the fixings we finally headed home. I even stayed awake the whole way (but only because I played with Jonathan's Nuvi the whole way home).

No comments: