It shouldn't really surprise anyone that we spent another evening at the vet. When I got home Chief was sitting at the bottom of the stairs and he hadn't moved for over an hour. We were finally able to coax him into the living room but he wouldn't put his back leg down and he wouldn't stand for long. So what else is a parent to do.....off we went to the pet ER. Jonathan grabbed his Nuvi and it showed us the quickest route to the vet (at least we got to put it to good use). Once there, I couldn't believe the compliments Chief got. "What a handsome dog!" "Wow, he's really good looking!" And on and on. I guess I'm not used to that because usually I get "What's that hanging out of his mouth?" and "Is that his tongue?" and "Can he eat okay?"
But the vet was really nice and him and Jonathan talked helicopters for awhile. After the vet examined Chief, he decided that he had some sort of hip problem (maybe from all the running over the weekend). He gave him an injection of an anti inflammatory and sent us home with 2 bottles of pills. He seems to be doing a little better, but if he doesn't improve in 2 weeks he'll need hip x-rays and he'll have to be sedated for that. Poor Chief...he has really been through a lot lately. Right now he is sitting up and leaning against the couch to sleep because it is too uncomfortable to lay down. Hopefully the medications will start to work soon so he can get some more pain relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment