Monday, July 28, 2008

Secret Yard Project

I can't believe it happened...Jonathan finally ran out of yard projects at our house!! But the excitement was short lived because he found another unsuspecting yard to beautify!! My parents hit the road for Nebraska last week and put me in charge of watering the trees. They have a huge yard and have been scaling back the grass over the years because it hasn't exactly been thriving. The most recent yard removal was just dirt with a lone tree that Jonathan and I had got my dad for Father's day. So, Jonathan thought we should surprise them by finishing the area. It is our way of thanking them for all the help that they've given to us for the wedding. Isn't he a great fiance?!
Here is a picture of the yard Wednesday evening when my parents left.
Thursday, Jonathan picked out rock and plants.
Friday, the rock was delivered and Jonathan started planting while I layed out weed cover.
Jonathan hooked up the sprinklers to all the plants and started mapping out the pathway. I did as much weed cover as I could, but ran out before the end. I then started covering the area with rock. At first I didn't think we had enough....but we had plenty.

Saturday, we picked up more weed cover and then went back to work. We finished that evening and it turned out beautiful. Jonathan's artistic side definitely shows in these projects. And he doesn't leave out any details. He even put some potted plants at the entrance to the path and hooked those up to the sprinklers!!






They come home on Tuesday and we can't wait to hear what they have to say!!

1 comment:

deatherages said...

You two can water my plants any time! Way to go, it looks so professional!