Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ski Weekend

In March, Jonathan, Kelly, Nick, and I (and of course the boys) took a trip up to McCall. We got to stay in brother's amazing cabin. We got up there on Friday night and cranked up the heat...it was 45 degrees when we got there. We also got the boys all settled in.














Saturday morning we woke up early, put on our ski gear, and headed up to Brundage.













Kelly had never skied before and I hadn't gone for 10 years so the boys were in for a long day!! However, once we hit the ski hill we did pretty good. Kelly was a natural and before noon we were off the bunny hill and on to the real chair lift. It was a little overcast, but we had a great time.






























We had a stew waiting for us when we got back to the cabin and it really warmed up us. Then it was on to games!!!! We started with a couple rounds of Spoons, and then moved on to Taboo, Cranium, and Pictionary Man. Jonathan and I did great in Taboo.












Sunday morning we continued the adventure with a snowshoe/cross-country ski trip along the river. It had snowed during the night so we had fresh snow to go on. Nick and Kelly snowshoed while Jonathan and I skied and the dogs ran along side us. We had a lot of fun watching the boys run through the snow and play in the river. I fell a couple of times...cross-country skiing is very different from down-hill.







































And then, to top it all off, we stopped at the Gold Fork Hot springs on the way home. I had never been there before and it was really nice. There were hardly any people and it was a great way to end the trip.












No comments: