Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where did all the snow go?

We spent another great weekend at the cabin!! I was surprised to see that almost all of the snow had melted...I thought it would hang around a little bit longer. But I'm ready for spring and summer...just not all the projects Jonathan has planned for us.

Friday evening Joan and Cam met us up there and we looked at some properties before retiring to the cabin for the night. We ended up talking the night away with a glass of wine. It was very relaxing.
Saturday morning we leisurely got ready and headed out to see a few more places. We ended up at Bistro 45 and had our favorite ham paninis!!! Cam and Joan headed back to Boise after that to attend Hannah's first communion.
Jonathan worked outside digging some stairs into the ground and I mopped the floors and changed over the bedding. We ended the night with some of Jane's left over whirly-pop popcorn and a movie. That is my perfect night at the cabin!!
We woke up late on Sunday and had no agenda. I took the boys for a walk down to the river. The path was steep without the snow, but the boys just flew down it. I, however, couldn't get past the stream so they just ran across the marshy areas. Chief was running all over chasing squirrels and Tucker was chewing limbs off fallen trees.
And then, in a little patch of snow I saw it....the lost boot. Last winter Tucker had lost one of his boots on his walk and we figured we would never find it, but we did. The only problem is that it smells kinda skunky!
The weather was so nice (50 degrees) and we spent most of the day sitting on logs and hanging out. I cleaned up some of the construction garbage left behind from the roofers and Jonathan kept working on his stairs. By the time we left, he had made great progress. I can't wait to see the finished project!!
It was such a fun and relaxing weekend and I look forward to many more!!!

No comments: