We did Christmas with my family a week early this year. Jonathan and I decided we would rather split up the holidays and be able to spend more time with each family than to try and see everyone on the actual holiday.
We all met in time for church on Sunday and during the service the kids did a little nativity program. It was really cute. Then we headed home to open presents. But first we had to get a family picture. My mom set us all up and I think it turned out really good. It was cold so luckily we got it on the first take.
We were doing small gifts this year, but there was still a lot under the tree. Jonathan, Lindsay, Joel, and I all enjoyed opening our Nebraska t-shirts!!! Tucker stole Duke's presents. Jonathan and I got some gift certificates for some fun nights out. We are excited to use those. We also got a tablet, but then found out it had been recalled so we are still deciding on what to do about that.
After gifts we played pitch. It was a pretty competitive card game, but in the end, mom, Lindsay, and Jonathan came out as "champions of the world!"
We had a delicious dinner of prime rib and shrimp. It is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Everything was so good and we all ate way to much.
It even snowed, so it really felt like Christmas!! We had a great time celebrating and laughing with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment