December 23-26
We celebrated Christmas in McCall with Jonathan's family. Joan and Cam have an amazing "cabin" that fits everyone comfortably. It was a little bitter-sweet for me because Barney and Tucker spent the weekend with my parents. I missed them, but it was nice to not have to worry about them.
Jonathan and I both had a half day of work on Thursday and were able to get up there in the early afternoon. The cabin looked so festive!!
Monica, Emily, and I helped Brylee try out her skis, but after a few "runs" she decided to sled instead. We found the driveway to be the best sledding hill and everyone came out to join in on the fun. Nobody had there snow gear on and we all ended up with cold, wet butts. Monica got the record for most air on the sled! We all had so much fun! Even Zayden went down a few times.
Friday, we all got up and got ready for skiing. Surprisingly we made it out at a decent time. It was a beautiful day and the sun was out. The mountain wasn't very crowded so we never had to wait in line very long. Joan, Emily, and I were all excited to try out our new skis! I really liked mine and I never fell!
We made quite a few runs and Brylee went down the bunny hill a couple times. She was really starting to get the hang of it by the time we left. We had packed a lunch and ate on the tailgate of the truck. We were hungry! After a few more runs, we called it quits and headed back to town to church. On the way we saw 3 of Santa's reindeer getting ready for the big night!
Even though we were 20 minutes early, we barely got a seat downstairs in the back. There were so many people! We got back to the cabin and had some delicious hot corn chowder waiting for us. We didn't last too long into the night. We played some shuffleboard and "minute to win it". Zac and I successfully maneuvered a cookie from our forehead into our mouth using only our facial muscles. It is really funny to watch.
Saturday morning we woke up and opened presents. Santa had left Zayden a truck and Brylee and table and tea set. They were busy playing by the time we made it down. It took a few hours to get through all the gifts. The kids were entertaining to watch and they got tons of gifts!
After presents, we went for a snowshoe. It was nice to get outside. Chief did really good, until we were heading back. Then his back legs cramped up and we had to wait until his muscles relaxed (I thought Jonathan might have to carry him home). It was a beautiful day!
By the time we got back, Monica had made the entire Christmas dinner! We all sat down to a delicious dinner of smoked turkey, green bean casserole, wild rice casserole, and mashed potatoes. What a relaxing Christmas!
We played games until 1:00 am! I started off playing cash register with Brylee (it was a new gift), but after she went to bed Emily and I dominated the shuffleboard table. Nothing wrong with playing defensively, right, Emily? We also played Cranium Pop 5 and things. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. My favorite was Cam's acting out of "naked gun"!!!
Sunday we woke up and started undecorating the house. It was quite a project! But we all got it done by noon and then Jonathan and I stopped by our place to check it out before heading back home.
To top off the weekend, my mom and dad brought the dogs over along with dinner!!
It was a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment