We've already had our first doctors appointment and everything looks like it should! It was so incredible to watch the ultrasound! We had seen the baby at 6 weeks and 8 weeks but by 12 weeks it looked like a baby! It had 2 arms and 2 legs, a tiny little stomach, and the bladder was forming. It measured 6.2 cm long. We also got to hear the heart beat...which makes me melt. It was 170 bpm. It hasn't felt real for me because I have had virtually no symptoms (I'm really sorry to all the other pregos out there, especially you, Emily!); I've just been really tired, but Jonathan tells me I've always been tired! But seeing our little baby move made it all so real for me!
We even got another sneak peek at 13 weeks (which is what I am right now). And now our little bundle of baby was 7.1 cm long. They grow fast! And the little foot was 1 cm...so tiny. It is amazing what all you can see. Lungs, diaphragm, all 4 chambers of the heart, femurs, tibia, and fibula, nasal bone. The only thing we couldn't see was the part that I'm dying to see!! Hopefully in a few more weeks things will be more developed and we will know the gender!
Also, I just got the start of my little baby "bump"...not super noticeable, but I can tell!
Thank you to everyone for the cards and messages!!
The first picture is a profile and the second is the arm.


4 comments:
I heart baby leatham! Can't wait to meet you! Love you too mama!
Yea!!! I can hardly wait to meet your little guy and am sooooooo happy for you and Jonathan.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had heard a rumor, but didn't know for sure...so excited that its true!
What happy news!
Post a Comment