July 31- Aug 2-
Kingston made his first trip to McCall. I was a little unsure how he would do in the car for so long and also how to time his feeding, but in the end it all worked out. I sat in the backseat with him and he fussed once, but then calmed right down.
We got up there in the evening on Sunday night and just unpacked and got settled. I started some laundry and we got all of the baby gear out. Jonathan is pretty much an expert at setting up pack n' plays now. Kingston really likes the swing up there. It only has two speeds...slow and really fast. The fast speed swings him really high, but he seems to enjoy that and it puts him to sleep.
We had an easy enchilada dinner (thank you Monica) and relaxed. Kingston had a pretty good night and we only got up a handful of times. Although, the rocking chair was squeaky so we had to WD-40 it the next morning. I'm not sure what our problem was but Kingston went through 5 different outfits by morning! We have to get better at the late night diaper changes.
Monday morning Jonathan made us bacon and eggs for breakfast and we headed into town. We stopped at the bookstore, the DMV (Jonathan finally got his Valley County license plates), and Ice Cream Alley. We had huge scoops of ice cream and it was so good!
Back at the cabin, I did more cleaning and Jonathan tackled the weeds. He definitely got the short end of the stick on that deal. It was pretty warm up there, especially for McCall so I was glad to be inside. Kingston makes slow work of everything because he is so distracting and hard to put down, but eventually I got all the laundry done and the cabin cleaned. Dan stopped by to see Kingston and he came at the perfect time because Kingston was wide awake and very entertaining.
Tuesday was more cleanup work outside for Jonathan. We went and looked at a cabin down the street and saw 2 whitetail bucks.
By the time we got packed up it was after 7. Again, Kingston had one fussy time on the ride home, but otherwise slept most of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment