I only have two more weeks with my little guy before I have to go back to work. I'm excited to get to see Kelly and Jane again, but it will be hard to leave him. And, I feel better knowing that we finally have childcare figured out. It will be tricky at first, but between me, Jonathan, my mom, Joy, in home daycare, and a college gal, we have it covered!
My sweet little Kingston is doing new things everyday. He is figuring out his hands and how they work and can grasp things. Which means I will be wearing my hair in a lot more pony tails!! He has just taken an interest in the play mat with the toys above him. He likes to hit the toy and make it rattle. We have one here and at the cabin, but he really likes the ball on the cabin one. He can really get it swinging.
He can follow objects put in front of him and can focus. I love it when he just stares at me and when he turns towards me when I talk (he does it for daddy and grandma, too).
We are still working on "tummy time." Kingston doesn't care to lay on his stomach unless he is sleeping (but only for supervised naps!). And the greatest achievement has been night-time sleep. Kingston slept in his own crib for 6 hours. Woo hoo!!! We have been to the cabin a lot and only have a pack 'n play in our bedroom so we haven't got a great routine down yet, but at least we got one good night! It is better for me when he is in his own room because he is a loud sleeper and makes all sorts of noises in the night that keep me up.
And, I haven't forgotten about my other boyz! They are all doing great and have adapted to life with their brother. They don't get as much of my attention, but each day is getting easier. We slacked off awhile on our walks because it was so hot, but now we can all go out for a stroll together. There is definitely a learning curve to walking 3 dogs and pushing a stroller, but I think we are getting it. Poor Tucker has gotten run over by the stroller on more than one occasion (however, he has also gotten into the dirty diapers on more than one occasion, so I would say we are even)!
| Barney was there too, just hiding behind me |
No comments:
Post a Comment