Saturday, November 12, 2011

4 months

November 12-

Weight: 15 lbs 12 oz (67%)
Height: 25 3/4 in (79%)
Head: 40 3/4 (14%)...everyone thinks he has a big head, but it is actually on the small size

What a cute little football fan!! Kingston has definitely gotten use out of all of his football apparel this month. He has attended several Boise State tailgates with mom and dad, cheered on the Cornhuskers with Grandma and Grandpa on a couple of occasions, and every Sunday he wears his Tebow jersey from Great Aunt Linda so that he can watch the Denver Broncos with Daddy. And he loves football...or maybe it's just the TV, but never-the-less he just lays on the couch and is mesmerized by the lights and colors. 

He can do so much more now than he could last month. It is amazing to watch him figure out new things.  He can scoot himself around when he lays on his back and pushes off with his legs.  Even when he lays on his stomach he can move a little if he has something to push against.  He will be a mover as soon as he figures it all out.  And he is so close to rolling over.  He can get his legs over all the way and his body on to his side, but he just can't seem to make it over his shoulder.  I keep thinking any day now and he will have it...although then we are going to have to watch him and won't be able to leave him unattended on the couch.
He is still such a happy baby and the apple of his mommy and daddy's eye.  I just gave him a bath and rocked him before putting him to bed and it is my second favorite part of the day.  I turn on a few night lights and some lullabies on Pandora while I put him in his pajamas.  He loves laying on the super soft rug and looking at the stars on the ceiling.  Then I snuggle him up in my arms and feed him while I sing "Hush Little Baby".  Sometimes I make up a few extra verses so I can cuddle with him for longer.  Then, I put him in his crib and sometimes he falls right to sleep and other times he talks to himself for a few minutes before drifting off. He usually gets up once during the night...sometimes he will get up twice, but he is a quick eater and we are both back in bed in 20 minutes or less.
My most favorite part of the day with Kingston is the morning...mainly the weekends when he can wake up on his own and we aren't rushed to get to daycare.  He usually is up at 7:45 and all smiles.  I can hear him talk to himself before I get in there and if I sneak in I can watch him kick his legs up in the air and play with his hands, but as soon as he sees me he gets a humongous grin across his sweet little face.  It doesn't matter how tired I am or how little sleep I got the night before, as soon as I see that smile I am ready for the day.
We have had to move his bath into the tub upstairs.  He was splashing and kicking too much water all over the floor.  It is actually really nice to have it upstairs because I can just leave it in the bathtub and I have all the supplies right there. And then his bedroom is right next door.  He still loves getting a bath.  He likes to get his cheeks washed and also his feet.  I think his favorite part of the whole thing is getting naked right before I put him in.  He always laughs and giggles as soon as his clothes and diaper come off.

He is getting the hang of toys and has started grabbing a hold of them and shaking them.  He likes things that rattle (keys) and the little plastic rings that hook toys to the carseat.  One of his favorite toys is a blue dog from nana that has a ring, a rattle, and it crinkles.  He likes to wave it around.  He also likes the silly little bird on his bouncy seat.  One day he just noticed it and it made him smile.  Now, he hangs on to the other toys and just stares at the bird.  He can really get to bouncing when he kicks his legs and gets excited.  He can also hang on to me a little when I carry him around which is really helpful since he is getting pretty heavy!
Just this last week we pulled out the exersaucer and it is a big hit.  His legs are getting stronger and he can stand for a few seconds so he really likes being in the saucer so he can stretch his legs and bounce a little.  It has lots of different toys that he can play with and it entertains him for a while (which is great for me!).  Daddy still like to put him in his swing, but I don't use it very much.  I think I would just prefer to hold him since I only get him in the evenings and weekends.

He is liking tummy time.  I think it's because he is so much stronger now and can look around at things (mainly the TV).  I like to get on the ground with him and watch him squirm around.  He also likes to be "airplaned".

 
He sucks on his hands a lot and at the beginning of the month he found his thumb.  He prefers his whole hand, but it is pretty cute when he just gets his thumb in his mouth.  He also likes his pacifier.  When he gets overtired his pacifier soothes him to sleep. He doesn't use it at night, just mainly for naps or quiet time.  At daycare, though, he doesn't use it at all.
He loves getting his diaper changed.  I think it's because he gets his pants off, but it almost always gets a smile.  He is starting to get a little rolly which makes getting a diaper on kind of tricky!  In the morning when I'm changing his clothes, he kicks and wiggles all over and he kicks his socks off if I don't have them on all the way.  But he is smiling and talking the whole time so you can't be mad.
Kingston has discovered the cute baby in the mirror.  He always looks at the himself as we walk down the stairs and he sat in his boppy in the bathroom while I got ready and talked to himself and smiled. It's funny to watch him discover.
This month also brought on his first cold.  He had a fever for a few days and was stuffed up.  We bought a new temporal thermometer which is so much more handy then the one we had.  It reads fast and we can do it as he sleeps.  We gave him a few doses of Tylenol and did some saline sprays in his nose. He hung on to it for  a while, but we were able to finally get rid of it.  We started using a humidifier in his room at night because the air is so dry now with the heater on all the time.
Kingston is so loved and I feel so lucky that he is surrounded by so many great people (and dogs).  The boys still love/put up with him.  They are very curious, especially now that he squeals and bounces around in his toys.
I still miss him everyday when I go to work but we are so fortunate to have so many great people taking care of him.  And daddy gets to stay home with him a lot this month since he is still recovering from his surgery.  How can you worry when your daycare sends you this picture (thanks Joy and Colton)...
He has met other babies and I love to watch them interact.  Owen is 3+ months older than Kingston and he liked to reach out and grab him.  Lucy is only 8 weeks older and she was really interested in him.  At one point she rolled over and had her legs across his belly and was rubbing his face.

I can't believe how much you can love one little baby!  He is everything I always imagined and I tell him that everyday.  Babies are a lot of work, but they are so worth it.

I did manage to get out a few giggles this month.  They were so cute...I can't wait till he does it more often!

1 comment:

deatherages said...

Buddy that is so sweet! I love that picture of our boys too! They are so cute!