Sunday, December 4, 2011

Yum Yum

November 14-
Kingston is now eating solid foods!  We started with rice cereal and he did pretty good.  It took him a few tries to figure out the spoon and how to move the food to the back of his mouth, but his first attempt wasn't near as messy as I thought it would be.  He did sneeze right as I brought the cereal up to his mouth and that ended up all over Jonathan, Kingston and me! 
He seems to eat quite a bit (3 or 4 tablespoons) at each sitting and he really enjoys it.  Sometimes he fusses if you don't shovel it in fast enough, or he starts to eat his hand (that gets messy because then his hand is covered in cereal and then he touches everything). He usually ends up with a face full of cereal, but he doesn't mind getting it wiped off.  We have also introduced oatmeal and he really likes that, too.  Right now he eats lunch and dinner and next month we try and add a little more variety.  I cooked up our pumpkins, pureed them, and froze them in little servings for Kingston to have.  I never thought I would make my own baby food, but it's pretty easy.

It's not always fun and games and he lets you know when he's had enough!

No comments: