We were lucky enough to get to spend a few days with my grandma. Kingston only gets to see his great-grandma once or twice per year and he was excited to show her all the new things he could do!
Kingston and I went over Saturday to my parent's house to visit. Kingston kept us all entertained running and jumping around. We managed to get in a card game while he took a nap, but he was quick to join in as soon as he got up.
Jonathan joined us for dinner and brought over Kingston's little four wheeler. Kingston loved riding around because my parents have a huge backyard. And while he was there, my parent's put him to work moving a Japaneses Maple Tree and also planting 6 bamboo plants. It wasn't' too bad because he had lots of help from Kingston.
Kingston read Great Grandma some stories and she spoiled him with books and stuffed animals.
It was a few weeks early, but he celebrated Great Grandma's Birthday with an ice cream cake! Kingston loves singing "Happy Birthday" and loves 'happy cakes' (at least he thinks he does....he never has very much of it).
Sunday, we met for breakfast and were surprised at how well Kingston did. He stayed entertained with cars and colors and money. And he loved the pancakes and apple juice!
We came back to our house and visited and played cards. It was so nice to spend time with my grandma.
I had to work the next few days that my grandma was in town, but I was able to go over to my parents for lunch and see her. On Monday they were baking rolls and kolaches and I was able to take some fresh ones home. I thought I would get them all to myself but Kingston apparently loves poppy seed kolaches, too!
It was so nice to be able to see my grandma and show her my sweet little Kingston. Hopefully, we will be able to see her again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment