Sunday, April 19, 2015

Crazy Days

March 27-29
Crazy days was supposed to be next weekend but because the snow is disappearing so quickly they moved it up. And it was a good thing, too, because Jonathan and i weren't agreeing on where to spend next weekend (it was Easter so I wanted to spend it at home, but if it was crazy days, Jonathan wanted to spend it in McCall), but this way we both got what we wanted.
We were able to go up Thursday night and it was so nice knowing we had that extra day.
Friday morning, the kids and I just hung out until Jonathan and Kingston headed to the mountain.
 
 It was so beautiful outside that I had to enjoy it.  I put Julienna in her pack, leashed up the dogs, and off we went.  Apparently, the dogs don't get walked quite as much as they used to because they were exhausted by the time we got back to the cabin.
 
The boys had a fun day skiing and enjoyed lots of sunshine, too!
Kingston was excited to get to play in his sand box now that the snow was gone.
We had every intention of getting to Brundage early on Saturday to participate in all the "Crazy Day" activities, but we woke up to rain and lots of it.  It was closer to noon by the time it let up and we got all packed to go.  The boys took a couple runs while Julienna finished her nap.  Then we met up for the costume contest and lunch in the lodge.  Kingston didn't even make it to his sandwich before he was passed out.  He has had such an awesome year skiing and he has improved so much.  He is already excited to teach Julienna to ski!
Kingston did find enough energy to make one last run before we called it a season!
 
Sunday was spent packing up winter stuff and putting away skis and sleds.  It was a fun winter, but I didn't enjoy too much time outside in the snow.  I'm excited for sledding next year!  And I did manage to get in another walk with Julienna while the boys were playing in the sand box.
The kids were exhausted after the weekend!


No comments: