I think I must be in denial because there is no way my little girl is tuning 1 next month. Even though she hasn't made it easy on me, I still feel like she should only be 6 months old. Just tonight I was holding her in my lap and realized that she takes up a lot of my lap, she is definitely not a baby anymore (she even has the big girl bruises to prove it)!

Julienna likes to make noises. She can make a kind of spitting/raspberry noise, a clicking noise, and just recently she learned to put her hand over her mouth to make funny noises. She absolutely loves it when I move my hand really fast over her mouth and she gets so loud. Sometimes when I'm doing it to myself she will grab my hand and put it over her mouth. I love that she gets it!
Tooth #5 is here! It is on the top right and I don't even know when it got here. I just noticed it one day! My girl still loves to eat and she loves to use her teeth to bite pieces off. Her favorite is apples, but she will always spit the skin out. I can't even think of a food that she won't eat.
I think of the reasons that she seems so grown up is because she crawls everywhere and pulls herself up so effortlessly. She can even balance for a few seconds without holding on to anything. She can go up the stairs by herself...and she is fast. It only takes her a few seconds and then she looks back to see if your watching and giggles and keeps going. (It usually makes her giggle because I'm running up in a panic since the gate was left open and she knows she is being naughty).
I can't wait till she can walk because Julienna loves it when I dance with her. She likes to spin and dip and bounce to the beat of the music. And she just loves music in general. Kingston and I are always having "dance parties" with her and she just lights up!
She loves to hear the word "no" and she gets the cutest little look on her face. She doesn't listening when you say it, but by her look I know that she knows! Her favorite is to pull my hair and then wait for me to say no and then giggle and try to grab it again. Even Kingston knows this trick of hers!
She loves her room and she has been exploring every nook and cranny. She likes to crawl behind her chair and check out everything. I can tell she just feels safe in there. And before she falls asleep she just hangs out in her crib, although she does sometimes find mischief. She can reach her mobile and the floor lamp and she will bang those around and knock them against the wall at times. She is a funny girl.


But even more than her room, she loves the dishwasher. She could entertain herself for hours sitting on the door playing with silverware and dropping it and moving the baskets. Sometimes when I just need a minute to get something done, I will just open the dishwasher!
And, after I had totally given up on it, she now takes a pacifier! I'm trying to just use it in her crib, but it is amazing how it just calms her down when she is restless! She is set if she has her pacifier and keke!
So many times I hear what a happy baby she is, and she really is, but she still loves to be right next to me so I'm still hoping for a little more independence!
I can't believe how rough Kingston is with her and how much she puts up with him. I have a feeling it wont' be much longer before he is running to me because Julienna is picking on him. He is always hugging and bugging and up in her bubble. She will grab a hold of his hair and that always makes him scream. But for the most part I just sit back and admire the little people my two babies are becoming. They amazing me all the time!

























No comments:
Post a Comment