Sunday, July 6, 2025

4th of July in McCall

 July 2-6

The holiday fell in favor with my day off so I got an extra long weekend. Julienna, the cats, and I headed up after work on Wednesday to beat the traffic, but the boys lollygagged and didn't come till Thursday evening.  Cam and I rode the Bear Basin to Brundage trail while Julienna and Joan baked a birthday cake.  I got an awesome bday gift of biking shoes from Cam and Joan...I didn't even know those were a thing. 


On Friday, we celebrated my birthday early with dinner at Joan and Cam's with cake and icecream and then we finished off the night with fireworks at Shorelodge where we ran into the Gabby family.  The kids put WAY too many candles on my cake and it was hot!!!  I think they used every candle they could find and it was upwards of 43!!







Saturday, Kingston was a graceful loser when we played Sequence and then we rode our bikes down to the river.








I woke up Sunday and did a bike ride on the rail trail by our cabin.  It was such a pretty and peaceful ride.  I even rode past a deer right on the trail.  Then, we headed to the river to try and get our family photo at the Sheepherder's bridge.  It ended up being too hot and bright so we are going to have to try another time.  I had to work the following week so I headed home leaving, Jonathan, the cats, and kids in McCall!!
















No comments: