It has been at least a month since we had been to the vet, so I'm sure you know right where this story is headed. Tucker had been licking his toes a lot and his face looked pretty scabby, and he had a rash on his belly. Before I headed to work I wiped off his feet and noticed that they were a little bloody. I knew that he would just keep licking his toes all day so I did what any good dog-mom would do...I took him to the vet. We didn't have an appointment so we just went in and waited. Our favorite vet, Dr. Braumschmidt, saw us right away, but not before Tucker's crying cleared out the waiting room. (I'm sure he loves when we walk in the door because our average vet bill is similar to a car payment) After a microscopic slide show of the junk growing on Tucker's face, belly, and feet, he determined that Tucker had a bacterial, yeast, and fungal infection. Sounds expensive, huh? 3 bottles of pills and a container of face wipes later, I headed back to work. And if that wasn't enough, each type of pill had completely different instructions. The first one was one pill twice a day, the second one was one pill twice a day for 10 days then one pill a day, the third one was one pill twice a day for the first 4 days then one pill once a day for the next 5 days and then one pill every other day. We almost broke down and bought him one of those pill boxes, but instead made him a pill calender.
So if anybody is looking for a dog...we might have one available!!!! (Just kidding Jonathan)
No comments:
Post a Comment