Tuesday, April 29, 2008
He's no Houdini
With all of Tucker's new medications, he has been drinking lots lately. Which in turn means that he has to go outside a lot. We keep a baby gate up at the bottom of the stairs which keeps Tucker and Barney upstairs and Chief downstairs (they would never sleep if they were all together). Most of the time the boys just whine when they need to go out or paw at the door. There's a chance I slept through it, but I never heard Tucker whine. All I heard was the crash of the baby gate. I threw on my glasses and headed down the stairs. I didn't turn on any lights because I could see will enough to make my way down the stairs. When I got to the bottom, I picked up the baby gate so I wouldn't step on it and headed towards the door. Just then I stepped on something and had to hobble the rest of the way to the door. I let the boys out and looked at my foot, it was bleeding. I bandaged myself up and wiped up the blood spots as I went to look at what I stepped on. It was one of the spindles from the staircase. Apparently, Tucker tried to squeeze through the railings on the stair and with his big giant head he popped out the metal railing and then got scared and knocked over the baby gait. I ended up stepping right on the corner and (as Jonathan put it) filleted my foot. Although, it could have been worse...it could have been Tucker that stepped on it and then another emergency vet visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Buddy, I can't believe that! I hope your foot is okay.
Post a Comment