Friday, October 10, 2008

Quick Catch Up

I've been slacking on the blog since the honeymoon, so thought I would do a quick update on my first month of marriage...here goes.
The first weekend we got back, we were excited to relax and get everything settled from the wedding. But we had no such luck. Saturday started off with Emily D.'s baby shower, and I only got to stay for a half hour before I was off to a birthday party. Audrianna was turning 4!! It was fun to go to a girl's birthday party and she sure enjoyed opening her gifts. They had the BSU game playing, so that kept Jonathan and the other guys occupied.

After a couple hours there and a change of clothes, I headed off to a wedding. It was at the botanical gardens and was so pretty...until it started raining and storming. I felt so bad for the bride because all the decorations were so beautiful and the rain ruined them all. We ate our dinner with our napkins over our heads to try and stay dry. Jonathan and I felt pretty fortunate because originally that was the day we picked for our wedding. Sunday, I had lunch with the Camille Beckman ladies. It was so good to see them all again and catch up on things.

The next week started off with a surprise from my new husband. Rock Band 2!!! I'm not into video games, but I love Rock Band. I spent the week trying out the new songs. Then on Friday we had Emily and Zac and Amber and Zeb over to play. I made fondue and we tried out the new margarita maker (thanks Nick!!). I couldn't talk Amber into playing so her and Emily talked (and cleaned up the kitchen, thank you!!) while I played in our band "Boyze". We did pretty good and even unlocked a few songs.

Saturday, my mom came over and I introduced her to scrapbooking!!! She did really good and it was fun to share it with her. However, she did leave me with some homework.

Last Saturday, my mom, and I, and even Jonathan went to See Spot Walk. Mom took her 2 dogs and we took our 3. Although, Tucker's collar died so I did have to drop him off at the car half way through. He is a strong dog!! And apparently he had a little accident that got on my pants so after the walk we made a trip to the dog wash. They were all clean and got their toe nails clipped.
I dropped off all the boys and then headed to Colton's 2nd birthday. I got there just in time to see him paint his pumpkin. And he sure enjoyed jumping on his new trampoline. He got tons of
presents, but what two year old wouldn't?
So, that is what we've been up to. I finally feel like our lives are back to normal. I have a few wedding boxes left in the garage to sort through, but I'm in no hurry. I can't wait to see our pictures from our photographer, but I think we still have two more months until that will happen. On Tuesday, I got my hair cut and bangs!!! I think the last time I had bangs is when I would rat them up into that claw. These ones are a little bit sleeker and sweep to the sides. I also cut off my long hair. It is shoulder length and has a few layers. It's cute, and different. Jonathan gets caught off guard every time he sees me. I've also got back into my card making. I just finished Halloween cards and am hoping to get those off soon.
Well, I think that covers it for now.

1 comment:

deatherages said...

I can't wait to see your bangs!! And the wedding pics.. Two more months, that will be forever. Love you.