Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 6

Today was Jonathan's day. And you guessed it, we went fishing. We woke up early and headed down to the boat. It was just Jonathan and I and the Captain. The weather was perfect and the ocean was like glass.


Jonathan had 2 bites and reeled them in, but they got off before we were able to net them. He did catch a rock fish, but it wasn't very pretty.


I was up next and there was a halibut on the line, but the 50+ lb fish was too much for me so I passed it off to Jonathan. Once again, we lost it.
****"He put up a good heavy fight, and Jonathan held onto it for awhile, but while reeling it in, it broke free. The captain said it was unusually how he broke off so we must of snagged it rather than hooked it in the mouth. We were all severely bummed because the captain said it felt like it was going to be a huge halibut!!"****Those are Jonathan's words to try and redeem himself and said those were what keep you coming back for more. He said next time will be more fishing and less time for tea!!


Then, another bite and I was handed the reel. I kept reeling and letting it out and reeling and letting it out. Then I would reel it in fast. My arm was killing me, but they kept telling me "faster, faster, don't let it get away!!" And then it was in the net!!! It was awesome!!

And, it was the last fish of the day. We didn't get any more bites and the only other thing we caught was a rock (but the captain did say it was the first rock he ever caught)!
We stopped to get gas and Jonathan and I got to see the tuna boat come in. There were tons of tuna!!! And of course I couldn't miss a photo opportunity!!

Back at the docks, we (actually the captain) cleaned the fish and feed the resident seal, Sammie, the head. Yuck!!

It was so much fun, and next time I told Jonathan he could reel in all the fish!!

1 comment:

deatherages said...

That was action packed!!! Was it magical?