Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Peas & Carrots and Wigs

Saturday, Jonathan went and played paint ball with the guys. That left me and the boys home to make cupcakes for Zac and Emily's birthday party. I had a special request to make them green since they were both born on St. Patrick's Day and I had just gotten a new cupcake cookbook, so I decided to make peas and carrots cupcakes. They didn't turn out quite as good as the picture, but they were still delicious. I forgot to take a picture of the birthday couple so if anyone has one, please send it this way. They were all decked out in their green hats and bow ties and Joan had snuck over earlier and decorated their house. We had a great dinner and it was fun to see everyone.
peas and carrots cupcakes

After the party, we headed to Club Savvys for Kelly's friend's birthday. It's a karaoke-bar on Chinden road (you can use those 2 words to form a pretty accurate picture in your head). And to add to the excitement....it was a wig party. Kelly and I had been secretly practicing "Hurts so Good" by John Mellencamp at work in preparation for the big night. And with a little help from her friends we made it on stage for a performance. It was so much fun...and definitely not my last karaoke performance. Jonathan was as supportive as any husband could be. He reminded me that it wasn't quite like playing Rockband and then videotaped the whole thing for me. It is embarrassing to watch it now...but I think that is the point of karaoke!!
Kelly and I
Nick, me, and Jonathan
Kelly, Nick, me, and Jonathan

2 comments:

deatherages said...

I love the cupcakes, they look a little to real. Where is the video buddy? I mean we are all friends! I can't wait to see it.

Alyssa said...

How do I always miss you singing karaoke?!?!