We enjoyed another wonderful weekend in McCall. Our newest project is putting a fence up in the back yard. There is a lot of prep work involved, but I think we made some really good progress.


It was a long day with a lot of work. I made some Italian chicken, potatoes, and corn on the cob and the three of us had a nice dinner together. Thanks for the help Dan!
Sunday morning we slept in and had a leisurely morning. As I was drinking my cup of tea, I watched two more deer in our backyard from the deck.
Then, we got to work. It started off warm, but every once in awhile we would feel a little breeze which was nice.

The boys weren't helpful, but they did stay out of the way. They were very good and stayed close to home, but it will be nice to have a fence and be able to let them be outside unattended.
Friday night Jonathan went out back and planned where the fence was going to go. I made us a pizza, did some laundry, and picked out a movie. We popped some popcorn and enjoyed a nice relaxing evening. The weather was so nice and it was nice to not have to be all bundled up.
Saturday morning we got right to work. Jonathan went over our plan of attack and I started clearing the brush. Here is my pile at the beginning of the day:
Here is a picture from the back edge of where the fence will be (it should give the boys plenty of room to run and explore:
We hadn't been working too long when I heard a rustling. We looked up and there was a deer in our yard eating the grass. I couldn't believe how close we were too it without being scared!
We even got some extra help. Dan came over with a much needed chainsaw. It was nice for me because the guys worked out the fence logistics and I kept cleaning up the area. Jonathan sure had fun with the chainsaw and it really helped to clean up the area.
It was a long day with a lot of work. I made some Italian chicken, potatoes, and corn on the cob and the three of us had a nice dinner together. Thanks for the help Dan!
Sunday morning we slept in and had a leisurely morning. As I was drinking my cup of tea, I watched two more deer in our backyard from the deck.
Then, we got to work. It started off warm, but every once in awhile we would feel a little breeze which was nice.
The boys weren't helpful, but they did stay out of the way. They were very good and stayed close to home, but it will be nice to have a fence and be able to let them be outside unattended.
No comments:
Post a Comment