Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Half Way!!!


20 weeks

We've made it to 20 weeks!  It has still been a pretty uneventful pregnancy.  No food aversions or cravings; although I would give anything for cookie dough or to be able to lick the cupcake beaters!  The boys and I still go on walks most days, but even still, they are anything but stroller ready. 
I can definitely feel the baby now!  He moves all of the time, even Jonathan has been able to feel him kicking.  And that's right, the baby is a he!  We are pretty excited and  Jonathan is already wondering how soon we can get him out on the ski slopes. We've actually known for a while that we were having a boy, but now it is 100% confirmed.  We are very fortunate to have a very excellent ultrasound tech as my very good friend.  Thanks buddy!!
Our doctors appointment went really well. We had an ultrasound and he was moving every which way, but he is now up to a whopping 13 ounces and his feet are over 1 inch!  His heart rate was 149 beats per minute and it is still my favorite thing to hear it.  His favorite place is to burrow head down into my pelvis so he made it really hard to get good pictures.  We actually have to go back in 4 weeks to look at the heart because he wasn't in a good position. (Although, we happen to know a very good echo tech who just happened to take a peak at his heart and we already know that all is well).  And, I've gained 6 lbs!
Here are some pictures from our visit...
The nursery is still a work in progress.  We found a dresser and I absolutely love it.  One of our favorite baby stores was going out of business so Jonathan used his savvy skills and got us an awesome deal.  We were having trouble finding a black dresser to match the crib, but this one was meant to be.  It even has a hutch with a light in it!  Although, I have to look at it in the garage right now because I can't help lift it up the stairs and Jonathan still has the nursery littered with painting supplies.   
My mom and I made curtains for the window.  Okay, maybe I should clarify that.  Jonathan picked out the fabric and I volunteered my mom to make curtains.  Then I went over to her house and kept her company while she measured, pinned, cut, and sewed the curtains.  We made them too short the first time and had to add on, which was really tedious.  But they look so good in the room!!
And now that I know we are having a boy, I have a hard time resisting all the cute baby clothes!  Especially when they are on sale!  They are so tiny and so irresistible!
Jonathan did have a first-time-dad faux pas the other day.  We were getting ready in the bathroom and he caught my side profile and said "Wow, you look pudgy!"  I asked him if by pudgy he meant pregnant and yes that was exactly what he meant.  It was really funny because when he said it, he was genuinely excited and I knew what he meant...he just needs to work on his choice of words.

2 comments:

the davis family blog said...

Congrats!! I am so excited you are having a boy. Can't wait to meet him.

deatherages said...

pudgy pregnant... its all the same right?