I thought for sure we would have a high maintenance baby since we have high maintenance dogs, but we definitely lucked out with Kingston! He is such an amazing little boy and fits into our family perfectly!
He is doing so much more now than just 2 weeks ago. He still loves the play mat and now he can grab onto the toys instead of just hitting them. I love to just sit and watch him. The other day he was so animated and was really getting the toys moving and then all of a sudden he just fell asleep. It was the funniest thing. He also tries to get the toys into his mouth sometimes.
And he is doing better at tummy time. We figured out a better way of doing it...now he lays on the boppy pillow and that keeps him from having his face into the ground and lifts him up a bit. His neck is getting to strong, he can lift it off the pillow and turn both ways. When we carry him he hardly needs any head support and enjoys taking in the sights. It is nice to have a free hand.
He is a very strong kicker! He likes to sit in his bouncy chair and push his legs against my stomach to bounce himself. Even when he plays on the mat he is kicking his legs like crazy (he is favoring his right leg and arm so maybe that means he is right-handed).
He is growing like a weed! He has outgrown several outfits...some he only wore once. I made the mistake of saving a few really cute outfits for a special occasion and he outgrew them before he had a chance to wear them. Now I just put him in whatever is cute and take a picture in case he has another growth spurt!
He still loves his baths and likes to kick his feet in the water. He can make quite a puddle on the kitchen floor with all of his kicking and splashing! We do a bath every night as part of our bedtime routine. He eats around 7:30 pm and then is awake until his bath (usually around 8:30). Then we get him in his jammers (that is what we call his PJs) while putting on a little lotion with massage. By then he is ready for his bedtime feeding after which Jonathan burps him and puts him to bed. While I was home on maternity leave, Jonathan would feed him a bottle at night, but once I went back to work, I took back that time since I wanted every possible minute with him.
He finally is on track with his days and nights. We even had one night were he slept 7 hrs! But for the most part we get up around 4 am for a feeding. It's not bad, but I'm afraid our early work schedule will throw him off for the weekend...no more sleeping in! He doesn't take his pacifier to bed with him, but uses it more during the day for naps. Sometimes he will just lay there sucking staring off at something.
He is so sweet in the mornings. When I go to get him up he is usually just laying in his crib and looking around. Then he spots me and gets so excited. Now I even get a smile and some babbling.
I'm finally back at work...I could definitely be a stay at home mom, but it was nice to see Kelly and Jane after being gone for so long. Our childcare schedule is a little tricky but I really like everyone that takes care of him and feel very comfortable leaving him there. I miss him when I'm away so we try to make every minute count in the evenings. He really enjoys going for walks with the boys. Because his neck is so strong, he can ride in the lower part of the stroller and he doesn't have to sit in the car seat. He really likes being able to stretch out. The boys and I are getting the hang of the stroller on walks....
His greatest achievement has been his big gummy grin!! There is nothing that touches your heart more than when your baby looks at you and smiles. I absolutely love it!!! It was fun to watch his smile start to progress. It was just last week when his eyes would get wide and his mouth would try to form a smile but he just couldn't quite get it. You could tell by his face and eyes that he was excited and happy, he just couldn't form that smile. He would even try to copy his daddy making faces at him. Then one day he just got it and he has a great big smile that makes me smile every time I see it (I'm actually smiling right now just thinking about it).I'm finally back at work...I could definitely be a stay at home mom, but it was nice to see Kelly and Jane after being gone for so long. Our childcare schedule is a little tricky but I really like everyone that takes care of him and feel very comfortable leaving him there. I miss him when I'm away so we try to make every minute count in the evenings. He really enjoys going for walks with the boys. Because his neck is so strong, he can ride in the lower part of the stroller and he doesn't have to sit in the car seat. He really likes being able to stretch out. The boys and I are getting the hang of the stroller on walks....
Kingston had a doctor's appointment and was a rockstar! He weighs 12 lbs and 12 ounces which puts him in the 65%. He height is in the 50% at 22.75 inches. And even though he looks perfect and proportional, his 37.5 cm head is only in the 10% for children his age. He also got his first round of immunizations and did so great. He cried a little bit, but calmed down once I started rocking. I had expected it to be a lot worse, but again, he surprises me with his calm demeanor. Later that night he got a slight fever (which is expected after those shots) so Jonathan and I had our first time taking his temperature. We did it under the armpit and he didn't seem to mind...luckily the thermometer is fast. We gave him some tylenol and his fever broke before the morning.
There were definitely a lot of firsts in these past two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment