My Grandma was having a big birthday celebration honoring her 90th year. Kingston and I had planned on going, but in the end we just weren't ready to pack up and fly to Nebraska with Kingston being so young and not immunized. So, my mom came up with the great idea to have her come here.
On Wednesday, Kingston and I met her and Lindsay at the Cottonwood for lunch. It was a beautiful day so we sat on the patio and ate and chatted. This was great grandma's first time meeting Kingston!
Kingston and I took Great Gram back to my mom and dad's house and hung out. She was so great with Kingston and he loved her. He had a little bit of a tummy ache but she worked out all of the bubbles.
We showed off his new skill of playing with the toys.
And, great grandma gave Kingston a quilt that she crossed stitched. I can't believe how much work went in to it. We will treasure it!
Technically, her birthday wasn't until Thursday, but Wednesday evening was the only day that worked for us all to get together so we celebrated a day early. We had pizza, salad, and everyone's favorite...icecream cake!
We even played a few rounds of pitch before we had to call it a night. Dad won by a long shot, but we all still had fun. Here is a picture of all 4 generations!!
Thursday, Kingston and I spent the day visiting with Great Grandma. I was even able to close my eyes for a few minutes while the two of them played together. I learned a lot about my grandma. She writes in a diary everyday and she copied it into a book for my mom. It was so much fun to read about her life growing up. Things have definitely changed!!
Friday morning, my mom and grandma picked Kingston and me up bright and early and we headed to McCall. My mom had to work so we were going to hang out until Jonathan and the boyz got up there. (We were spending the weekend in McCall). Grandma, Kingston, and I just relaxed at the cabin. We toured her around and showed her all that we had done.
Once Jonathan got there we were ready to show Great Grandma how great McCall is! We started off at Bistro 45 for lunch...panini sandwiches.Then we walked down to Legacy Park to see the lake and stand on the sundial.
We continued our tour with a drive around the lake. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. We stopped at Charlie's garden and spent awhile walking through the aisles of flowers.
We made it around the lake and our next stop was.....you guessed it, Ice Cream Alley!!
We made a quick trip to the candy store, a gift shop, and then finally headed to the hospital to pick up my mom. Before we made it to the cabin, we made one last stop at Joan and Cam's house.
We had so much fun with Great Grandma and I'm so glad that she got to come out and meet her newest great grandson. Hopefully we will make a trip out to visit her before too long.

No comments:
Post a Comment