Monday, March 12, 2012

8 Months

March 12-
The first thing Kingston does when I set him down for his picture is look for the sign.  And once he has it, it goes straight into his mouth.  I even tried to outsmart him by taping it to the blanket.  I guess his pictures won't have signs from now on!
This has been our toughest month yet.  Somehow Kingston has managed to be sick for about 2 weeks; he is just finally getting back to his old self.  I sure missed his smiles and easy going attitude.  Although, he is still pretty good even when he doesn't feel well.  And, as a first time mom, I started to get nervous the longer he hung on to the fever and cough so Jonathan and I took him down to the urgent care to have him checked up.  He was coughing so hard, he would gag and then throw up whatever was in his belly (which was usually medicine) and we couldn't get him to drink anything.  He had a temperature of 102 while we were there, but they gave him some medicine and it came down before we left. He also got his first chest x-ray which came out great.  They put him in this archaic looking contraption that holds his hands up and keeps him still.  I used to use it when I took x-rays so I knew what to expect.  But after all that they sent us home with no definitive diagnosis...just a cold.  We were told to suction out his nose and if that was clear he would start to eat again. And, was doing much better but we were still having sleepless nights so I took him once again to the doctor's office.  This time we left with a double ear infection and antibiotics. After a few days on the medicine he was back to sleeping through the night.
 
His newest feat is crawling!  It started off more of an army crawl and he would use his right leg to push off and pull and reach with his arms.  Now, he kinda throws himself forward.  He can cover some ground.  And, I love it when he sees me and comes crawling straight for me.  He hadn't figured out how to get his bottom in the air and his legs under his body, but in just a few days he was started getting on all fours and rocks back and forth. It's amazing how fast he picks up on things! (you can hear him hit his head at the very end of the video...that happens quite a bit)
He is intrigued with the laundry baskets and loves to tip them over.  He just lights up when he spots one and heads for it.  He gets his fingers in the side of the basket and tips it over and then proceeds to pull out the laundry.  It's pretty cute!

He also has two new teeth to brag about. They came in fast!  And they sure make you smile when you see them.  They don't seem to bother him too much anymore.  And he likes it when I brush them with the little tooth brush...although he always tries to bite down and pull it off my finger.

He is getting so good at picking up food with his fingers.  He mainly uses his left hand, but he can do it with both.  It's funny to watch him get the tiny pieces into his mouth.  He really enjoys eating the little puffs and crackers and it keeps him entertained for awhile so that I can get things done in the kitchen.
I absolutely love this little guy's laugh. And I especially love when I can make him laugh...
He still loves jumping and the dogs.  I think they might be his two favorite things.  He just beams whenever he sees the dogs and is always reaching out for him. Although, things are a little different around here without our protector, Chief. Barney and Tucker have figured out that the highchair is where they need to hang around.  I know it won't be long before Kingston is feeding them his vegetables.  Kingston can reach out and just barely pet Barney from his chair, he could reach Chief, but that meant that Chief could also reach him...and his tray of snacks!
And, that kid can bounce. That's all he ever wants to do.  He will bounce in your arms when you try to hold him or bounce on the ground if you help balance him.   We are so grateful for the jumper toy, especially since his 19 lbs. make your arms tired!

Kingston is getting better at standing. He can support himself and can balance holding on to things, but if he (or you) let go, then he falls.  He stands on his tip toes, too.
The weather has been so beautiful that we've gotten quite a few walks in and outside time.  Kingston is a great little helper in cleaning up after the boys!  He loves going in his stroller and talks to himself while we are cruising around.  His new sounds are 'da', 'ga', and 'na.'  It's cute when he repeats them.  And he has just barely begun blowing little spit bubbles.
This is just a fun Saturday morning.  I love my weekends with Kingston!
Here are some things Kingston loves:
Tags...
Trips to the grocery store (he is a big hit!)...
Playing with cars and balls...
Bathtime...
Daddy...

No comments: