Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Brad's Wedding

July 13-14
Jonathan and I made a quick trip to Portland to share in Brad's big day. Kingston, Barney, and Tucker got to stay with grandma and grandpa.
We flew in Saturday morning and I made our way around town. I wasn't used to the "big city" and struggled with the navigation, but Jonathan eventually got us there!
 
We stopped on the way to check out the river.
 
Here was our view from the hotel...
The wedding wasn't tell later that evening so we went to the Deschutes Brewery for some hamburgers.  Then it was back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
We had to drive 35-40 minutes to get to the wedding and once we were out of downtown we were really impressed by the beauty of Portland.  It was so green and lush with ferns everywhere.
 
The weather was beautiful and the ceremony was really nice.  Besides Brad and his family, we really didn't know anyone else but all the other guests were really friendly and easy to talk to.
Dinner was a little out of our comfort zone, but we still ate it.  Brad is a vegan and his wife doesn't eat gluten so our meal was vegan and gluten free.  We had lasagna, lots of veggies, salad, and tofu squares.  I didn't care for the tofu, but instead I had 2 cupcakes for dessert!
Sunday morning we got to sleep in!  It was so nice.  And then by the time we got ready we had to hurry to the airport.  It was a quick trip but it was a nice little getaway for us!
And to top it off, we got an icecream cake to celebrate my birthday when we got back from the airport!



No comments: