June 14-16
I think we spoiled daddy this whole weekend! Friday evening we got up to the cabin and were surprised by the cool weather. Daddy and Kingston bundled up and took the RZR out around the neighborhood. Kingston had a smile from ear to ear.
Saturday we let daddy sleep in while Kingston and I made breakfast. I have quite the little helper on my hands! (Jonathan questioned the safety of my sue-chef eating the cheese right off the block as he sits on the counter above the stove)Then, Nana and Papa stopped by in the RZR. Kingston was excited to be able to go for another ride. I stayed behind to finish up some things, but I soon got a phone call to come down to the river...they were having too much fun!
Kingston was having a great time throwing rocks in the river and he kept Nana busy filling up his pockets with rocks.
We got back home and after lunch we set out to work some more. Kingston was loving the hose and Tucker was, too. They both like to drink out of it! But, you have to be careful when Kingston is in charge...Tucker had to learn this the hard way with a face full of water!
Kingston and I snuck in a little nap before church. Kingston, however, got a little too much rest and was quite chatty during church. I brought plenty of "quite" toys, but that didn't seem to matter. He is lucky he is so cute!
As if we didn't do enough all ready that day, we also hit the park. We had the whole place to ourselves!
Then to Nana and Papa's for dinner. We started out good, but Kingston fell of the step and cut his head. He was bleeding, but it was nothing that a popsicle, boo bag, and a bandaid couldn't fix.Sunday we made breakfast for daddy and gave him his presents. He loved his book of A-Z pictures of him and Kingston.
More chores to do...it does seem never ending!
Grandpa Dan joined us for lunch and kept Kingston busy laughing and running. We were just in the middle of deciding what to do with the rest of the day when Jonathan looked over at Kingston. He had fallen asleep on the couch watching "Curious George". I guess that helped make up our plans. While Kingston napped we cleaned up and packed up.
As soon as Kingston woke up, we squeezed into the RZR and took off for a "Father's day ride."
We had a great weekend and didn't manage to leave until 6 pm. I was supposed to get a nap on the way home, but Kingston was persistent in telling us whenever he saw a truck, trailer, or cows. That kept me awake the whole way!






No comments:
Post a Comment