It was kind of a spur of the moment decision, but we decided to join Joan and Cam in McCall and take Kingston to Brundage to hit some powder. We weren't sure how Kingston would do, but thought he would at least like watching the other skiers.
We got there on Saturday evening and got settled and had dinner before we got Emily's surprise phone call. They were on the way to the hospital to have their baby! We were so surprised and a little bit worried because she wasn't due for another 4 weeks. Joan and Cam packed up and headed to the hospital with strict instructions to let me know when she had the baby.
I got the text around 1:15 am that Ryland Cameron was here and both mom and baby were doing great!
Sunday morning we loaded in the truck and headed for the mountain. Grandpa Dan met us there and we lucked out by getting to park close and keep our stuff in the little A-frame cabin...we have a lot of stuff. At first Kingston kept saying "I no ski," but we showed him the other kids and the chair lift and that made him excited. It's a lot of work getting him in his snow clothes and boots, but eventually we were ready!
Kingston had a smile on his face the entire day! He loved riding the chair lift and pointing out the different animals on the signs. He was a little unsure about the skis at first, but daddy helped him and he really started to get the hang of it. Grandpa Dan did the best and got him skiing without him holding on to anything. I was so proud to watch him! Each run he did a little bit better. I wasn't allowed to go with him because I let me lean on me to much, but isn't that what mom's are for!
We took a lunch break and refueled with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Cheetos. By the time we were done, Kingston was ready to get back out there. He kept saying "I skiing!"
Grandpa Dan taught him how to make a "pizza" with his skis to slow himself down. He was a much better teacher than Jonathan and I, and Kingston knew he couldn't get away with whining!
Kingston did amazing! I couldn't believe how fast he picked up on everything. It makes me so excited to get him out there again!
He was pretty exhausted and fell asleep before we made it out of the parking lot. In fact, he stayed sleeping while we went back and packed up the car and didn't wake up until Horseshoe Bend.



No comments:
Post a Comment