February 21-23-
Kingston was excited to go to the cabin and try out skiing again. Jonathan was just as excited to get him back on the mountain. Saturday morning, Joan and Cam met us at the mountain and Kingston was able to show off. I can't believe how much improvement he has made since the last time. He was balancing on his own and wanted to just go full speed down the mountain. He didn't need to hang on or use us for support. Grandpa Dan even pulled out some cones for Kingston to practice his turning. I didn't get to witness it, but apparently he skied right around all those cones and even leaned down to knock them over.
We even tried out the Bear Chair since Kingston was cursing down Easy Street so well. He did really good and Daddy took him over a few small jumps. That got big giggles! Pappa helped push him along the cat track. Nana got Pappa a bright orange coat for Christmas so it was easy to find him!
This was the first time I made it onto the big chair lift this year and got in a few runs. It felt good and there was some good snow. Although, it didn't stop snowing the whole time we were there. By the time we made it back to the lodge, this is what I found...
Nana said he almost fell asleep on the chairlift, but he didn't want to quit skiing.
We headed home and got cleaned up and rested and then met back at Joan and Cams for pizza. Kingston, Jonathan, and I went to the hockey game from there and met up with Grandpa Dan. Kingston loved to watch the Zamboni clear the ice...and I love to hear him say "ZAM boni"!
Sunday we went to church and then Moxie Java for a coffee and hot chocolate, before cleaning up the cabin and heading home.
The Olympics were on TV and they were showing the skiers. Kingston looked up and said "Mama, that's me skiing!" He was so proud of himself!
It was a great weekend and I can't wait to see Kingston get back on his skis! He is doing so great for only his second time on the mountain!
Silly picture, but Kingston loves this little vacuum at the cabin and he plays with it non-stop. We vacuumed the whole downstairs together and then he parked his vacuum right next to mine.
Can't resist Popsicles on the porch pictures!
















No comments:
Post a Comment