Friday, June 6, 2014

Kingston's Big News

June 4-
That's right, Kingston is going to be a big brother in December.  He looks excited in the picture but that is only because I bribed him with a laffy taffy if he held up the book for a picture (the things we do!) When I originally told Kingston that he was going to have a baby brother or sister he told me "No, just Kingston!" Since then he has warmed up to the idea a little bit more.  Depends on the day if he wants a brother or sister.  Originally he wanted a brother, like baby Ryland (sorry Nora!), but then he wanted a sister because Caillou has a little sister (it's his favorite show), and then other times he just won't answer.  Just the other day we were at the neighbor's house and he told them that he was going to have a little sister.  So, we will see.  I go back and forth, too.  I think it would be fun for Kingston to have a brother, especially when I see how much fun he has with Zayden and Jace and Colton.  But on the other hand, I would really like a girl with dresses and tutus and flowers and dance class and dolls....I can only play trains and cars so much!
Another time, he was getting pretty wild and I had to remind him to be careful because there was a baby in mommy's tummy.  He looked at me for a minute and said "How did the baby get in your tummy?"  I asked him what he thought and he got he biggest smile on his face and said "You ate it!  You ate the baby and now it's in your tummy!"  He was so proud of himself for figuring it out, that I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble (and I wasn't about to explain the birds and the bees to a 2 year old!).
My official due date is December 14, but I'm hopeful that I will go early again.  It's kind of ironic because both Jonathan and I preferred to not have a baby in December (just so much going on) so we intentionally didn't start trying until April.  Well, as luck would have it, it took us a full year and here we are having a baby in December; I guess it was just meant to be!
This pregnancy has been very different for me.  I'm 12 weeks so I'm just starting my 2nd trimester and I'm finally feeling better. Up until now, though, I would get nauseous every evening around 5:30 until bedtime.  It didn't matter if I ate or didn't eat or rested or stayed busy.  It was pretty miserable and Kingston still needed me so I just kind of had to go with it.  I've also been really tired, which is normal for me anyway, but with a very busy boy running around, I don't have much time to kick my feet up.  Even Jonathan has been super busy at work and doesn't get home till 6 or 7 on most nights so he can't help until later.  But hopefully, we are past the worst of it.
We've had a couple ultrasounds and each one brings it into reality a little bit more. I love hearing the little heart beat (178 bpm at 8 weeks and 160 at 12 weeks) and on one scan I got to watch the baby move around before curling up and falling asleep.  It still looks a little bit abstract but Joy points out the arms, legs, and heart for me on each picture.  Our appointments have all been good so far and now that I'm feeling better, I can really enjoy it.  I feel like my belly is popping out a bit sooner than it did before,but I'm down 3 lbs.
I haven't had any cravings, but grilled cheese sandwiches and french dips always sound good.  Candy hasn't been all that appealing to me, which is unusual because I can always be caught eating some sort of sweet, but Jr. Mints have been especially delicious.  I used to love apples, but they haven't sounded great so I traded in my old breakfast staple for a bowl of Kix every morning.
Here we are at 12 weeks, not the greatest picture but we just couldn't get him/her to move into a good position.

No comments: