They moved us up to the 8th floor, room 8008, around 1 am. They checked me over again and I had a fever and high blood pressure. They weren't sure of the cause of the fever, but ever since delivery I had been cold and unable to stop shaking (but I just assumed it was a combo of adrenaline and hormones). They called the doctor and he said to just monitor me, which meant taking my temperature and blood pressure every 30 minutes.
We sent Julienna to the nursery for the night (we learned that with Kingston) and they brought her back every three hours to nurse. So, needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Finally, at 5 am, my fever broke, but by 7 am I was wide awake and couldn't fall back asleep so I just held Julienna and enjoyed my new baby girl and her long dainty fingers.
Joel was our first visitor of the day. He brought Jonathan a much needed coffee and some breakfast for us. It was perfect!
Then, Julienna got her first bath. Those nurses really scrub them up head to toe, but they did give her a pretty pink bow at the end. Now she was ready for more visitors.
My dad and Kingston came by and Kingston was still in awe of her.
Kelly, Monica, and Alyssa came by on their lunch break.
Everyone left and Kingston and I had lunch and watched cartoons. I was holding Julienna so Kingston would bring me my lunch. He told me "you have to eat your peaches first before you can have the rest of your lunch." Hmmm....sounded pretty familiar!Nana came to pick up Kingston for the night.
Kim and Verna from Jonathan's work came by about the same time as Jane and her girls, Greta and Lucy.
We had a little down time with no visitors so we worked on a name for our sweet little girl. We had it narrowed down to 6 by now!
Emily and Zac brought a great dinner from Whole Foods. It was a much needed break from hospital food. They even brought snickerdoodle cookies!
Grandma and Grandpa came by for another snuggle with their newest grand daughter and brought flowers and scotcheroos.Sam got discharged from the NICU so Alyssa and Chris brought him by for a visit. Look how cute they are together!
We tried to work on a name, but we were too tired. We did eliminate 1...just 5 left to choose from!
We had a much better night and actually got some sleep. Saturday morning Nick stopped by and Alyssa and Chris said goodbye on their way out, but other than that, we had a quite day dedicated to naming our new little joy. We eliminated them 1 by 1 and finally, by 5 pm we had decided on Julienna Kensie. It was perfect! I wrote it on the birth certificate and we were out of there! Of course Nana was working, so she helped us load up all our stuff in the truck and get on the road.
We were still unpacking our bags when Papa came by to meet Julienna.
Grandma came and she brought a bag...she was going to stay the night with us!
Joy happened to be in the neighborhood so Julienna got to meet her 3 kids!What a day! It was good to finally be home!




.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment