Believe it or not, this little girl is 6 months old!
I don't have her full stats, but she weighs in at 14 lbs and 10 ounces.
It is actually pretty amazing that I'm able to get a good picture of Julienna with Kingston distracting her with his "helpfulness!"


Oh, Julienna. Half a year old and still not taking a bottle...what are we going to do with you! It wasn't a big deal for most of the month since she was only going to daycare half days, but with the layoff, she has been going full days and that makes for some rough nights. Since she doesn't drink any milk during the day, we make up for it at night...every 3 hours. But before that she was doing really good and going from 9-5:30 on most nights. We are still working on it.
She does pretty well with food, although sometimes she just isn't in the mood and there is nothing to change her mind. She tried sweet potatoes, squash (her favorite), peaches, prunes (not her favorite), and carrots. She also enjoys chewing/sucking on carrots and apple slices. We even pulled out the mum mum crackers and she really liked those and could feed them to herself. Even with the food, she likes to hold the spoon and put it in her mouth. And sometimes she will hold her bottle of milk and take a drink or two.
This girl is all smiles and so happy. She likes to be around people and not left alone...which makes it hard for me to get anything done. But her smile just lights up the room and I can't help but hold her.
She is even giggling and that is such a sweet sound! She surprised me by playing "peek-a-boo" all my herself. She would cover her face with her keke and then pull it off as I would say "peek-a-boo!" She did it probably 10 times and it was so cute. She sequels and has little moans, but she isn't talking or babbling just yet.
Speaking of her keke...I don't know what we would do without it. It is her favorite thing and we don't go anywhere without it. Since she doesn't take the pacifier (except a few rare occasions, like this picture), her keke is what soothes her. She plays with it and puts her fingers through the holes and she even sucks on it. She really likes it right up next to her face when she sleeps, and sometimes I have to take it off her face after she falls asleep. When she is tired she will just rub it in her hands while she talks herself to sleep.
This little girl has a reach a mile long and she goes for everything. She managed to pull Aunt Lindsay's slice of ice cream onto the floor! She is just so curious about everything and wants to check it out and then put it in her mouth. It is really exciting to see that progression of purposeful grabbing and reaching...you just know the wheels are turning and putting it all together.
Last month she was able to roll front to back and back to front, but this month she was apparently on break. Just in the last few weeks she has begun to roll from front to back again but no sign of rolling the other way. I think it's because she doesn't like to be on her tummy so she sees no reason to roll onto it. So, I have to put up lots of fun stuff to entice her to stay on her tummy! Or I can "airplane" her around and get lots of giggles!
Julienna is so close to sitting. She can actually do it for a few seconds, but then topples over. I think in just another week she will have it down. In the mornings I will put her in the Bumbo in front of the bathroom mirror while I get ready and she LOVES to look at herself. And she can bear weight on her legs. We had been doing her exercises and now she can stand...but she has no balance so I have to hold her. And it's only for a few seconds, but at least it's progress!
In the bath she is taking an interest in toys. It definetley makes bath time more fun! And she likes to kick her feet and splash around. Kingston will help me every once in awhile and he likes to pour water on her.
I just love my little girl. She makes me smile just thinking about her and even though she challenges me, I'm getting her figured out. We are making great progress on the naps and she takes 2 or 3 a day and they last from 30-90 minutes. We are really enjoying being outside and getting fresh air. With my new bike, she fits in the trailer and we can just take off. It usually puts her to sleep but sometimes she just looks at all the sites. We have so much fun together!



































No comments:
Post a Comment