I was counting down the days until the annual Girl's Weekend in McCall. Not quite as relaxing as prior years since my sweet Julienna was in tow, but when she wasn't eating, Jane and Joy were bouncing and entertaining her.
We were all able to head up Friday after work. Emily and Joy rode with Julienna and I and Jane, Kelly, and Alyssa followed us. We unpacked at the cabin and chatted away until we headed to town for dinner. We ate at Father's Place and got burgers and shakes..so good!
Then back to the cabin for more talking. I think we finally turned in around 1 am.
Saturday morning was a gourmet breakfast with bacon, eggs, fruit, and monkey bread. We were all stuffed! We went to town to go thrift shopping but only made it to one store. Jane ended up with the best thrift store purchase...crutches! We also stopped at the red barn for Emily to get some pictures. I'm sure her's are much better than my cell phone pictures, but it was a pretty picture.
Lunch was Joy's famous Chinese Chicken Salad. It is a girl's weekend tradition! Even last year when Joy wasn't able to come, she still sent her salad!
It got quite after that with Jane, Kelly, Joy, and Emily leaving. So, Alyssa and I just relaxed and enjoyed eachother's company...and the sounds of our pumps! We made it to bed a little bit earlier and then packed up on Sunday morning and headed back to the chaos of our normal lives.





No comments:
Post a Comment