Saturday, June 27, 2015

Memorial day weekend

 May 21-25
A long weekend in McCall was just what we needed!
I waited to long too write everything down, but based on all the pictures we had a fun weekend!
We got a quick bout of bad weather on Friday.  The rain was coming down so fast, Jonathan got soaked after being outside for just a few minutes.  And all the hail made it look like snow!
 
Saturday, the weather was nice. Not too hot and not too cold and best of all...no bugs.  The boys did some legos and then spent the rest of the day tinkering outside while Julienna and I did some inside stuff.  We had lunch on the back patio listening to the birds and watching our little cabin squirrel collect nuts.  Julienna has started chewing on apples.  She can't get any bits off, but she sucks the juice off of them and it keep her entertained while we eat.
 
We met Joan and Cam at church and Kingston got to help take the offering plate up.  He did a great job!  Then we went to Bistro 45 for dinner and got our favorite ham and cheese paninis while playing battle ship. Kingston got a really delicious quesadilla.
 
 Sunday, we lounged around in our jammies in the morning and then Kingston, Julienna, and I took an afternoon walk. 
 Kingston collected lots of rock and sticks and I was lucky enough to get to carry them all back to the cabin.  This is what Kingston said to me on the walk, "When I get back, daddy's going to ask me, "Kingston, why did you bring back all these sticks and rocks? What are you going to do with them." And I'm going to say "I got them to make a fire pit like yours." And daddy will say, "Yeah, that's a good idea." It was really cute how he had it all planned out.
 
 We enjoyed lunch outside again, this time in the back yard.
 
 Sunday, we just laid low and on our way out, we saw 3 fox cubs playing in the rode.

No comments: