Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nate and Kim's Wedding

Aug 12-15-
It seems that we have another summer full of weddings! This wedding, however, was out of state so Jonathan stayed home with the boys while I got to party!
Thursday night, I flew into Lincoln around midnight. The second I stepped off the plane, I was greeted with muggy hot air! I forget about the humidity!! Lucky for me, my Aunt Joyce lives there and was able to pick me up. I went straight to bed and slept great. In the morning, Joyce had breakfast all set out and she taught me the fine art of making omelets in a ziplock bag! Then, my mom and grandma came for brunch. It was nice to just sit around and catch up.
In the afternoon, my grandma, mom, and me went to Beatrice to visit my Aunt Barb. She was babysitting my cousin's kids. It was fun to watch Emma and Madison play together...they have a lot of energy.

There was also a brand new baby, Kamden, to hold. She was born on my birthday.

As if that wasn't enough for one day, we went to my grandma's farm in Daykin and had cloches (sweet rolls my grandma makes) and iced tea.

Then, it was off to Fairbury for the rehearsal dinner. We had such great food!! Prime rib and baked potatoes and a sundae bar for dessert. I sat at the kids table with Gracyn and Emma (Jami's kids-to-be) because they had been asking about me since they left Boise after Joel and Lindsay's wedding. They are twins and they are so cute and fun to play with.
I stayed the night with my Aunt Faye in Fairbury, along with dad, Jami, Nate, and the twins.
Saturday morning was fun for me. I got to be in charge of the kids. I held Lexi (Staci's baby) pretty much the whole morning and Emma and Gracyn did my hair (I had to re-do it before the wedding). It was fun to see things from the groom's side because I've always been with the bride. Definitely very different.
The wedding was very nice. We did have the noisiest row in the whole church, but sometimes that happens. The reception was at a nearby Elk's Lodge. There was dinner, dancing, and drinks. Jami and I helped serve cake! Then I went back to Lincoln with Joyce.
Joyce and LexiEmma and GracynJami and me with Granpa
Nate and Kim
Sunday morning I slept in and squeezed everything back into my bag. Once again, Joyce had breakfast waiting for me. Although the weather wasn't quite as hot so we were able to eat outside on the deck. It was very relaxing listening to the birds.
Then, she dropped me off at the airport and I was home before I knew it. It was a quick weekend but it was good to see everyone!

No comments: