We had lunch at the Chicken Coop, picked up the wedding flowers, and then drove to York to help with some pre-wedding set up. It had been raining earlier that day so we were only able to set up the inside of the barn. We did, however, get to feed the goats in the back and that was a lot of fun. There was even a little baby goat. From there, we drove to Deshler for rehearsal and dinner. I left Joel, Lindsay, and Jonathan at a bar with a deck of cards while I attended rehearsal. We all figured out our parts so it was pretty quick. Dinner was good and we were able to catch up with our cousins before driving to Fairbury. We had hardly gotten out of the car when my dad came out ready to head to the neighbor hood bar. He had found a shuffleboard table and he was ready to play. Nate, Kim, and Staci joined us. I forget who won, but I'm pretty sure that dad didn't win any of the games. Lindsay, Staci, and I bailed out early to go to bed.
Saturday I spent the morning with the girls getting ready in Deshler. Jonathan, Lindsay, Joel, and Dad went and visited my grandpa and then went to my Grandma's farm in Daykin. They had a nice lunch and lots of desserts. Staci did all the girls' hair and she did a really good job. I had a head full of curls and loved them. We drove to York where we finished getting ready (I was a little nervous about fitting into my dress, but my mom did a great job with the alterations!). Jami looked so beautiful in her wedding dress. It was definitely a perfect fit!!
We went to the Wessles Living History Farm to take pictures and get ready for the wedding. The weather was so pretty for us...the sun was shining and there was a little breeze. However, about 30 minutes before the "outdoor" ceremony was to start, we got covered in big black clouds, rain, and wind. All the guests were huddled on the porch of the farm house. However, we did get a break in the weather so we all hurried to our places for the ceremony. It was a really nice ceremony and two of my cousins sang (they were really good), and we made it all the way through with just a few sprinkles!
We took a few more pictures and then started the party! It was fun to see all of my relatives and the dinner was great. My favorite thing was my Grandma's mints...they just melt in your mouth!! We did the "Chicken Dance" and lots more dancing before we finally called it a night.
| Jami and I |
| Me, Dad, and Grandpa at dinner |
| The farm: it was a really pretty setting |
Staci and Lexi |
| Just Married: Nate and Jami |
| Lindsay and I doing the Hokey Pokey |
Sunday afternoon my grandma took us to lunch before we had to drive back to Grand Island and catch our flight. (it was the first time we had seen my mom because she got sick and was unable to go to the wedding)
1 comment:
Did you get to play keno at the Coop?!
Post a Comment