Sunday, January 22, 2012

6 months

January 12, 2012
It's hard to believe that Kingston is 6 months old.  Everyone was right when they said that time just flies by.  I was trying to remember what our lives were like before Kingston...we got more sleep, the house was cleaner, and the boyz went on more walks.  But once you look into those sweet baby blues, none of that matters.  It was this time last year that we went to our first doctor's appointment and got to hear Kingston's heartbeat for the first time!  It has definitely been a big year! 
 
Kingston still amazes me everyday.  He is learning new things and growing up.  I did a rough weighing of him and he is 19 1/2 pounds.  He still fits in my arms, but he has come a long ways from his birth weight of 6 lbs 11 oz.
Just last week I was jotting down notes of all that has happened this month and I wrote down "almost sits up".  But in just one week, he has mastered sitting by himself.  He hasn't quite got the hang of the whole balance thing, but he can sit unassisted.  He can play with a lot more toys now and he really enjoys his workbench and steering wheel because they make noise whenever he hits them.  His favorite toys are ones that have spinning parts.


He also loves to look at books.  We have added reading "Goodnight Moon" to our bedtime routine.  He loves looking at the pictures, touching the pages, and listening to the words.  I think I have it memorized now!
Daddy is still number one in Kingston's eyes!  He is always watching him and smiling.  Mommy gets smiles, too, she just has so work for them a little bit more.  Although, when I get to singing and dancing, Kingston starts laughing.  And his laugh is so sweet and cute.  He also giggles when you take his arms out of the shirt sleeves.
It melts your heart a little when he gets excited to see you. He just gets this big ol' grin and his eyes light up.  It definitely makes your day!
Kingston has got the rolling thing figured out. He can go front to back and back to front with no problems.  He has also started getting partway up on his knees and sticks his bum in the air.  He can push up onto his arms, too.  And I'm not sure how, but he can scootch around.  Jonathan has figured out our "fun time" before bed so we all end up playing in Kingston's room each night.
He can be quite an eater and he loves his food.  So, far he likes pumpkin, sweet potatoes, pears, avocados, and carrots.  I still can't get him to eat potatoes.  I put a spoonful in his mouth and it just sits there.  He won't close his mouth around it.  And he is pretty messy, especially when he gets his hands in his mouth.

We make pretty good use out of his highchair.  He got two new toys for Christmas that suction to the tray and they keep him busy.  I wheel him around the kitchen with me while I make dinner, do dishes, or start the laundry...he likes to be a part of the action.
The boyz have now become very interesting to Kingston.  He gets excited when they walk past him and he tries to talk to them.  Barney is very good with him and lets him pet him, although, he does try to lick him. 
Bath time is still lots of fun and involves lots of splashing! He sits up for a little bit, but he still mainly lays down.  When I pour water on his belly he reaches out and tries to grab it.
He still enjoys his exersaucer and has now started playing in his jumper.  He does a little bouncing, but mainly plays with the toys.  He likes anything that makes noise!  I have started to play some of the "Baby Einstein" movies for him.  He is very entertained by them and likes the colors and music.
Likes always, we are amazed by everything that he does.  He is so easy to love!  I look forward to the weekends where we can just hang out in our PJ's and he can nap in my arms.  We play all day long and I never get anything else done.  He is starting to really "talk" a lot...more than babbling.  He will just sit there and jibber jabber away.  He even does it while I'm trying to feed him!
One of my favorite things that he does is "motorcycle hands."  I actually never realized it until the photographer taking his 6 month pictures pointed it out.  When he lays on his belly he puts his arms and legs in the air and continuously makes a fist and releases it. It looks like he is riding a motorcycle and it makes me smile just thinking about it.
I can't believe what an impact little Kingston has made on our lives.  He is so sweet and happy and I can't imagine our life without him in it.  Jonathan is an unbelievable dad.  He changes dirty diapers and catches drool.  I don't think he realized how much fun being a dad would be.  Before we had Kingston, Jonathan and I made a deal that I would take care of the baby during the "baby stage" and Jonathan would be in charge during the "teenage years."  I think he sees now, that I was getting the good deal. 

No comments: